Best Practice to Mutate Members in User List via API

Su Yu

Jan 7, 2020, 3:41:15 PM1/7/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Google Ads API,

It is not very clear to me in this document: https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201809/AdwordsUserListService.MutateMembersOperation. so please help to clarify how to mutate members in a user list using Google Ads API.

In this thread: https://groups.google.com/d/msg/adwords-api/6vUbE1p1pvQ/9WIpJXqbAgAJ, Peter Oliquino (AdWords API Team) mentioned: "2. Updating the list of members by just adding or removing items from an existing list is not supported. You would need to REMOVE the entire list of members and then re-ADD them using the AdwordsUserListService.mutateMembers() method.".

Please correct me if I'm wrong if I only want to remove one user from an existing list, I must remove all users from the list and add back all other users, am I right?

Regards,

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Jan 8, 2020, 10:12:06 AM1/8/20
to s...@zulily.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Su,

Thanks for reaching out. You will be able to use the AdwordsUserListService.mutateMembers() to ADD or REMOVE directly from a user list without removing the entire list of members and then re-adding them. Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Thanks and regards,
Xiaoming, Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UOGEdA:ref

Su Yu

Jan 8, 2020, 1:38:47 PM1/8/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Xiaoming,

Thanks for the quick response.

Glad to hear that it supports incremental updates now and we don't have to delete all members and re-add others back for just removing one from the user list.

I have a followup question, the rate limit of endpoint mutate members follows the general Google Ads rate limit, right? i.e. 10,000 operations for "basic access" and unlimited operations for "standard access".

Regards,

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Jan 8, 2020, 3:09:27 PM1/8/20
to s...@zulily.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Su,

As for the mutate in Adwords API, each mutated item counts as one operation and the daily operational limits are 10,000 operations for "Basic Access" and unlimited operations for "Standard Access". Please refer to this documentation for more details.

Thanks and regards,
Xiaoming, Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UOGEdA:ref

Su Yu