Location Extension, How to determine if GMB account is connected to Ads Account

pradeep raju

Jun 18, 2020, 2:11:19 PM6/18/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi

We have a application using which our users can create google campaigns, we want to provide them a feature where they can add location extensions to campaigns. I have few questions related to the feature Location Extension

  1. How can i determine if a google ad account is already connect to GMB account?
  2. Once GMB account is connected, how do i get list of locations to show the user so that he can choose the locations they want to add to the campaign
In documentation and examples i see that api throws error when there is a GMB account already connected and we try to connect another account. but i don't want to provide interface to users to connect to GMB account if they have already connected in Google interface. Rather i want to show list of locations directly.

Thank You,
Pradeep Datla.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Jun 19, 2020, 9:46:28 AM6/19/20
to pradeep...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pradeep,

While there is no function that will tell you if your Ads account is linked to a GMB account, you can run a Placeholder Report with a filter ExtensionPlaceholderType = 7 to see if you already have location extensions in your Ads account. Location extensions are automatically applied to every campaign and ad group under the account. You can apply location extensions to a specific ad group or campaign through filters. To do so, you can follow the steps here. You can find our whole guide on location extensions using the API here.

Regards,
Anthony
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q217axr:ref