Does checking the ECPC box as recommended in Google documentations here (https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2464964?hl=en) make any difference at all?.

Asker

Jul 8, 2016, 11:22:32 AM7/8/16
to AdWords API Forum
It is reported elsewhere that "Starting with v201402, you can no longer enable enhanced CPC for the manual CPC bidding strategy (see the Deprecated section in the v201402 release notes)."

If the above is true then why does Google AdWords management console still offers a check box to enable ECPC with Manual CPC as recommended in Google documentations here

It seems that either checking the above box in Adwords management console would make no difference at all or the above statement about deprecation of ECPC with manual CPC strategy is not true.

I noticed that even for the keywords for which the above check box is checked, the bidding strategy type column in Keyword performance report does not return ECPC as the strategy type.  Instead bidding strategy type is returned as manual.  So apparently checking the box does not change the strategy type to ECPC.

Any clarification on this issue will be highly appreciated.

Vishal Vinayak (Adwords API Team)

Jul 8, 2016, 4:23:38 PM7/8/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Neeraj,

That is correct. As of v201402, you cannot enable enhanced CPC using the API. Once enabled from the web interface, the Keyword Performance Report should return ENHANCED_CPC as the value of the field BiddingStrategyType. You would, however, want to wait up to 24 hours before checking for the required value in the report. You can find more information about our data freshness policy here

If you still see issues after 24 hours, please provide me with the report definition and your customer id. Please click on Reply privately to author when responding.

Regards,
Vishal, AdWords API Team