DEVELOPER TOKEN ERROR

simple dhc

Oct 1, 2019, 5:28:31 AM10/1/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
I am trying to follow Make your first api call setup of google ads.

I Followed all steps for my .net application which will pull data from google adds web api but it seems to have an error about test accounts.

I created a test management account and created accounts and campaigns under that account for that purposes.

Also I am using given code in the example but i keep getting developer token error (QuotaCheckError.DEVELOPER_TOKEN_NOT_APPROVED @ ; trigger:'<null>)

Management account
215-082-4231

533-747-6509 is test account 1

228-121-5525 is test account 2

they all return the same error. At this point I am pretty much stuck!

Thank you

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Oct 1, 2019, 6:32:29 AM10/1/19
to adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern.

The QuotaCheckError.DEVELOPER_TOKEN_NOT_APPROVED error occurs when you are using an unapproved developer token to make calls against a production account. Upon checking your accounts, it appears that your accounts are production accounts. That being said, the reason why you are encountering the error is because you're making calls a production account using Test Account access level developer token. Please note that if you don't see the red Test account label on your Google Ads account page, then the account is a production account. You may also refer to this guide for more details.

To resolve the issue, you would need to apply for Basic access by filling out the basic access application form.

Please let me know if you have further clarifications.

Regards,
Hiroyuki
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UKLhVz:ref