INVALID MOBILE_ID FORMAT when uploading with API, but not when uploading manually

Joaquin Cortés

May 15, 2020, 5:02:13 AM5/15/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
I'm trying to upload a list of device IDs to Google Ads using the AdWords API in python, but each time I try it I receive the following error, repeated for several entries in the list:

MutateMembersError.INVALID_MOBILE_ID_FORMAT @ operations[0].operand.membersList[6969].mobileId

I'm checking the raw list and I can't see any wrong entry, and when I try to upload the same list manually, it uploads succesfully without problems. Moreover, I have uploaded lists of device IDs in the past with the API and everything was OK, and no change has been made to the code I use to upload it.

I don't know how can I check if there is any error in the list or in my code, so any help would be grateful. I think there might be an error with some device ID and the list uploading fails when finding a single failed row, but I'm lost in the reason why is it happening.

Thanks.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

May 15, 2020, 12:59:35 PM5/15/20
to joaquin...@tiendeo.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Joaquin,

Thank you for reaching out. Can you please share the complete detailed request and response logs for the call via Reply privately to author so I can further investigate the issue? You can find information on enabling logging here (log level DEBUG).

Regards,
Mitchell
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q1zpWVr:ref

Ayuka Boldyrev

Aug 13, 2020, 7:46:53 AM8/13/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello!

Did you find the solution? I have the same problem, please share if you did :)

Best regards

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Aug 13, 2020, 2:33:54 PM8/13/20
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ayuka,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I see you're also encountering an Invalid Mobile ID format error. Could you provide us with your request and response logs for where you encounter this error so that I can further investigate this error?

Thank you,
Bryan, Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q1zpWVr:ref

Ayuka Boldyrev

Aug 13, 2020, 5:41:23 PM8/13/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Bryan!

Thanks for the swift response. I found the mistake - it was on my end, some of the idfa in the payload were indeed of incorrect format, just slipped through the standard normality test somehow.

Apologies for the disturbing.

Best regards