API availability for custom audience segment insights

Sreelal K M

May 29, 2023, 6:02:21 AM5/29/23
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hi,

I am using the Google Ads API v13 and I am looking for an API that can return the weekly impressions estimate (or the reach) that is displayed on the right side while creating a new custom segment (screenshot attached). Provided a list of interests (& optionally locations, languages, campaign types) as input, the API should be able to return an estimate of weekly impressions or the reach for such a targeting.

Path to above mentioned feature on GA UI: Audience manager -> Segments -> Custom segments -> Create new.

Note: I am already aware of the forecast metrics feature that is supported via API which takes a list of keywords as input but my use case is more in line with the custom segment audience where the input is a list of interests. Please let me know if there is any such API that can serve my purpose.
Screenshot_29_05_23__3_22_PM.png

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Jun 1, 2023, 5:43:36 AM6/1/23
to sre...@shopalyst.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to Google Ads API Forum.

In order for us to investigate further, can you provide us with the whole Google Ads UI screenshot (without cropping) of the data you are trying to retrieve via API? This is so we can check on our end as well and provide more appropriate answers accordingly. You can provide it via the Reply privately to author option. If this option is not available, then send it instead on this email address googleadsa...@google.com.

This message is in relation to case "ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2luIzD:ref"

Thanks,

Google Logo Google Ads API Team

Ben Ritchie

Aug 2, 2023, 5:28:47 AM8/2/23
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hi Sreelal

Did you figure out if this is possible?

I'd like to also pull these demographic estimates from the API if possible.

Regards
Ben

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Aug 2, 2023, 10:56:12 AM8/2/23
to ben.r...@noahmediagroup.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Ben,

Thank you for reaching out to Google Ads API Forum.

If you are referring to the Weekly Impressions section in the New Custom Segment page, this is not yet supported in Google Ads API. However, our team has already raised this as a feature request, subject for a review. All I can say is for now, please keep an eye on our blog post for the updates and releases.

However, if this is not what you are looking for, can you provide us with the whole Google Ads UI screenshot (without cropping) of the data in the UI you are trying to retrieve via API? This is so we can also check on our end as well and provide more appropriate answers accordingly. You can provide it via the Reply privately to author option. If this option is not available, then send it instead on this email address googleadsa...@google.com.

Links included in this email:

This message is in relation to case "ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2na9E3:ref"