Refine keyword queries with TargetingIdeaService or KeywordPlanIdeaService

David Garcia

Jun 15, 2020, 2:44:53 AM6/15/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

I'm testing Adwords API and Google Ads API to generate keyword Ideas, but I face the same problem with both.

If I run a query with a single keyword "sachets español" the KeywordPlanner website only returns 2 results. But if I make the same query via both API I got 256 results. I set the same location, language, network and adult filters on API and website.

I think the API uses BROAD match type returning more results. I tried to wrap the keyword with quotes and then the results returned are 166 but still a lot more than the website.

Is there any way to get same results from the API and the website?

Website

First results via API

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Jun 15, 2020, 3:02:31 PM6/15/20
to sult...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

The TargetingIdeaService in AdWords API uses a different back end server than the UI to generate keyword ideas. Google Ads API results should be closer to what you see in the UI. If you want me to take a closer look, please reply privately to author your Google Ads API request and response.

Regards,
Anthony
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q20YsDp:ref