Asset-based Structured Snippet Advanced Options

Kevin

Sep 17, 2021, 5:44:23 PM9/17/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

In the UI, many "Advanced options" can be set for Structured Snippet Ad Extensions.
Screenshot 2021-09-17 144147.png
However, in the Structured Snippet link from the Migration document:
None of these values are present.

They are present in the other extensions.
For example, we see `start_date`, `end_date`, and `ad_schedule_targets[]` in the Sitelink page:

Will these fields be available for Structured Snippet Ad Extensions in the coming releases?

Thanks,
Kevin

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 21, 2021, 12:00:56 AM9/21/21
to lopsid...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kevin,

We currently do not have information whether the settings in the UI's advanced options section would be available for the StructuredSnippetAsset in succeeding API versions. However, allow me to create a feature request, subject for review, regarding this.

You may for now keep an eye on our blog for updates.

Best regards,

Google Logo
Peter Laurence Napa Oliquino
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2NVEqz:ref

Kevin

Sep 21, 2021, 3:07:46 PM9/21/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Peter,

I've found some relevant documentation for this conversation and wanted to share it in case anyone else had this question.

"Start time, end time, and ad schedules will be unavailable for the Asset-based Structured Snippet extension, and will not be automatically migrated."

In the same paragraph, it is mentioned that the remaining Advanced Option for device preference ("Mobile") will be honored, but not be available in the future.
I think if it will be honored in the short term, it makes sense to keep the field in for a while.

Thanks,
Kevin

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 22, 2021, 10:26:27 AM9/22/21
to lopsid...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for sharing that relevant documentation. As Peter has created a feature request for this, please keep an eye out for relevant updates.

Regards,
Matt
Google Ads API Team

Google Logo