Merchant Center ID Requirement For Conversion Uploads

Jon

May 23, 2024, 8:34:04 PMMay 23
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hello,

We have some clients without a merchant center id.

Is the "merchantId" required when sending conversions via the uploadClickConversions api?

If not, can we simply remove it or would all cart data need to be removed from the hit?

Thanks,

This message and any attachments contain information, which may be confidential and/or privileged, and is intended for use only by the intended recipient, any review; copying, distribution or use of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please (i) notify the sender immediately and (ii) destroy all copies of this message.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

May 23, 2024, 9:15:45 PMMay 23
to jona...@getelevar.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to the Google Ads API support team.

Note that the merchant_id is not a required field when you are uploading click conversions via the Google Ads API. You can ignore setting this field. I would recommend you refer to this guide on upload click conversions for information regarding the required and optional fields of each conversion operation.

Also, remember that the "cart_data" feature is available to allowlisted accounts only.

I hope this helps.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tJ57m:ref" (ADR-00236324)

Thanks,

Google Logo Google Ads API Team