question. how to query/set ads portrait image?

chun liu

May 22, 2023, 10:28:10 PM5/22/23
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/fields/v13/ad_group_ad_query_builder?hl=en

select
  ad_group_ad.ad.responsive_display_ad.portrait_marketing_images
from ad_group_ad
show me an error, "Unrecognized field in the query: 'ad_group_ad.field.ad_group_ad.ad.responsive_display_ad.portrait_marketing_images'."

no any thing about portrait images

i can add portrait image for "Responsive display ad" though ads manage console.
and i can get status field "Pending, Under review" but i dont know which filed is this status

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

May 24, 2023, 2:43:46 PM5/24/23
to liux...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Chun,

Thanks for reaching out to the Google Ads API Team. I hope you are doing well today.

With regards to your concern about the error, "Unrecognized field in the query: 'ad_group_ad.field.ad_group_ad.ad.responsive_display_ad.portrait_marketing_images'.", please note that in the ad_group_ad reporting what is available is the ad_group_ad.ad.responsive_display_ad.square_marketing_images, see https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/fields/v13/ad_group_ad_query_builder. You may also use the Query Validator to validate your query (https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/fields/v13/query_validator).

However, if the ad_group_ad.field.ad_group_ad.ad.responsive_display_ad.portrait_marketing_images is possible to add in Google Ads UI then you may provide us a uncropped screenshot for us to check further on our end.

Please note that the Google Ads API mirrors the Google Ads UI. meaning, if the feature is not available in Google Ads UI most likely also not available in the Google Ads API.

In addition to the status field "Pending, Under review", could you please provide us also with an uncropped screenshot from Google Ads UI? This is for us to provide accurate information and recommendations.

You can provide the needed information via the Reply privately to author option. If this option is not available, then send it instead on this email address googleadsa...@google.com.

Have a great day.

This message is in relation to case "ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2lKgDi:ref"

Thanks,

Google Logo Google Ads API Team

Message has been deleted

chun liu

May 28, 2023, 9:56:43 PM5/28/23
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
reply test

chun liu

May 28, 2023, 9:58:27 PM5/28/23
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
1.png

2.png

3.png

chun liu

May 31, 2023, 9:32:06 PM5/31/23
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
any one can tell me how to do that?

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Jun 5, 2023, 6:13:33 AM6/5/23
to liux...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Chun,

Thank you for getting back to us.

It appears that you have already provided the same UI screenshots previously.  In case you missed our previous response to this, you may refer to the context below.

“Since the provided UI screenshot indeed is a portrait image, allow me to raise a feature request for this. However, there is no guarantee if this will be supported soon. All I can say is for now, please keep an eye on our blog post for the updates and releases.”

Links included in this email:

hua

Jul 6, 2023, 10:24:28 PM7/6/23
to Google Ads API Forum Advisor, adwor...@googlegroups.com
May I ask if the  portrait  image can be completed through the function added through the API?

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Jul 7, 2023, 5:07:04 AM7/7/23
to liux...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us.

Unfortunately, I am afraid that this feature is not yet available in Google Ads API. We will continue to ask for your patience to keep an eye on our blog and release notes for new releases and updates.

Reference Links: