How to change the email address of the developer Token owner for the Google Ads API

Алитикс Алитикс

Jul 4, 2024, 12:29:12 PM (2 days ago) Jul 4
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum

Hello everyone!

Faced with a problem - when deactivating the account in...@alytics.ru requests to the Google Ads API do not work for us, they return an error ('invalid_grant: Bad Request', {'error': 'invalid_grant', 'error_description': 'Bad Request'})
- as we understand it, this is due to the Developer Token, which is specified in the API Access in Google Ads.

Do we understand correctly that we need to transfer this developer token to another email so that requests continue to work?
And how can this be done, since we have not found any related documentation on transferring the Developer Token between different Google accounts

Our Google Ads Analytics account (905-488-7706)
The developer's token is currently linked to an email in...@alytics.ru , you need to transfer it to mogva...@gmail.com

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Jul 4, 2024, 2:03:55 PM (2 days ago) Jul 4
to team.a...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to the Google Ads API support team.

Based on the information provided, I understand that you are encountering the invalid_grant error. Kindly note that the invalid_grant usually indicates an issue with the refresh token not with the developer token. That said, you’ll need to regenerate credentials and refresh tokens. You may refer here to this guide for the steps on how you can regenerate credentials and refresh tokens. On the other hand, you may also check this sample code for generating user credentials.

According to the Google Ads API documentation, Google Cloud Platform project with an OAuth consent screen configured for an external user type and a publishing status of "Testing" is issued a refresh token expiring in 7 days. Your Google project's publishing status is 'Testing' so the refresh token expires every 7 days and receives an invalid_grant error.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tJc8E:ref" (ADR-00245194)

Thanks,

Google Logo Google Ads API Team

Register for the upcoming workshop: Performance Max and the Google Ads API!

Алитикс Алитикс

Jul 5, 2024, 6:39:06 AM (yesterday) Jul 5
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hi,
Thanks for the quick response.

But we still don’t understand how the refresh token is associated with the gmail account in...@alytics.ru. Why - after deleting this user, Google Ads API methods stopped working for us?

Also, you have attached documentation for creating new "credentials and refresh tokens" https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/samples/generate-user-credentials
Confirm - did we understand correctly that using this code you can change the current email in...@alytics.ru to the new mogva...@gmail.com - in order to further disable the info@ account, and at the same time the API methods for Google Ads will no longer break?
четверг, 4 июля 2024 г. в 21:03:55 UTC+3, Google Ads API Forum Advisor:

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Jul 5, 2024, 11:44:18 AM (23 hours ago) Jul 5
to team.a...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I understand that you are trying to change the developer token from email in...@alytics.ru to mogva...@gmail.com. As per the Compliance and access level support, I would recommend you reaching out to the Google Ads API Compliance team as they are better equipped to address your concerns.

Please note that our team can only assist with the technical queries or concerns related to the Google Ads API.