Ad Extension Asset not properly updates

Andrew Hrimov

Aug 8, 2022, 10:42:28 AM8/8/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hello, Team.

I am developing application with Python, and I have to create Ad Extensions for my Campaigns, flow:

1. Two Campaigns created (I store their IDs)
2. Then I create some Assets (using AssetService & AssetOperation(s) I create Asset(s) and Callout/Sitelink with all required attributes), as a result I have their IDs.
3. And the next step - using CampaignAssetService & CampaignAssetOperation I link existing Assets with two Campaigns.

Everything is ok, but update goes not as expected. As I understand, Ad Extensions update is just an Asset update. So, I tried to update my Assets. But at UI (ads.google.com) one of the Campaigns have updated Callout extension and second one Ad Extensions are without changes. Why is it? Can you explain please how is it possible. Two Campaigns are linked to the same Assets, these Assets were updated - but changes applied just in the first Campaign.

Thanks in advance.
Best regards, Andrew Hrimov.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Aug 8, 2022, 11:47:04 AM8/8/22
to andrew...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew,

Thank you for reaching out to our API support team.

So that our team may take a closer look at the issue you have observed, could you provide as well the complete request and response logs and request-id, generated when you associated the assets to the two campaigns you created? In addition, could you also share the complete Google Ads UI screenshot where one of the campaigns is observed to not have been updated with the asset extensions?

You may then send the requested information via the Reply privately to author option. If this option is not available, you may send the details directly to our googleadsa...@google.com alias instead.

Best regards,

Google Logo
Peter Laurence