Query metrics.conversions returns all conversions, however I want number of installs only

Majid

Jul 2, 2022, 4:21:30 AM7/2/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hi everyone,

Currently when I Query metrics.conversions returns all conversions, however I want number of installs only,

We are running App install campaigns and want to know number of installs only.

How can we filter/query install actions only?

Here is the current query:

SELECT campaign.id, segments.date, metrics.impressions, metrics.clicks, metrics.conversions, metrics.cost_micros, customer.currency_code , geographic_view.country_criterion_id , campaign.status FROM geographic_view"
. " WHERE campaign.status != 'REMOVED' and segments.date BETWEEN '2022-05-10' AND '2022-05-20'

Thanks

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Jul 3, 2022, 10:11:13 PM7/3/22
to m...@majidkhosravi.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Majid,

Thank you for reaching us out. I am Sherwin from Google Ads API support team. I hope that you are doing well today.

Moving forward to your concern, getting the app_install metrics from geographic view is not possible. However, to get the metrics of app install, you must get it from ad_group_ad_asset_view. From this resource, you can use the metrics.biddable_app_install_conversions to show the number of app installs. You can use this GAQL for ad_group_ad_asset_view to build your query.

If you have other concerns or questions, feel free to reply on this thread.

Kind regards,
Google Logo
Sherwin Vincent
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2cFcGr:ref

Andrew Williamson

Jul 4, 2022, 6:40:51 AM7/4/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hi Sherwin/Majid,

I'm also trying to report App Installs by geo. It would appear that this is not possible using the api. Is that correct or is there a work around I'm missing?

Many thanks,

Andy

Majid

Jul 4, 2022, 7:44:29 AM7/4/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Thanks Andy,

Yes same here, App installs without a GEO really wouldn't work as CPI bids are different mainly based on the country/location.

@Sherwin, is there any workaround to achieve this?

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Jul 4, 2022, 10:59:43 PM7/4/22
to majidkho...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

Thank you for getting back to us. I work with Sherwin and allow me to assist you here.

To answer your concerns and questions in general, I confirm that your understanding is correct. Getting the app_install metrics from the geographic view is not possible. However, to get the metrics of app install, you can use what my colleague "Sherwin" mentioned in the last thread. Please allow me to reiterate my colleague's response. Please see below.

"you can use the metrics.biddable_app_install_conversions to show the number of app installs. You can use this GAQL for ad_group_ad_asset_view to build your query."

Let us know if you have further questions.

Regards,

Google Logo
Darwin
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2cFcGr:ref

Andrew Williamson

Jul 5, 2022, 3:28:06 AM7/5/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hi Adsapi,

Thanks for the response but unfortunately this doesn't answer the question.

The ad_group_ad_asset_view doesn't support GEOs and therefore won't allow us to report app installs by geo.

We can see app installs by geo in the Google Ads dashboard, MMPs can also get app installs by geo but it would seem that the Google Ads api does not allow you to do that.

Can you confirm that this is the case?

Many thanks,

Andy