Fetch account performance for accounts managed by sub-manager

dyla...@gmail.com

Jul 21, 2017, 1:01:22 AM7/21/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Context: If MCC root manager account id is 100, and it manages account id 1001, 1002, 1003, in which 1001 is manager account, and it manages account 2001.I cannot get 2001's account performance data by using credential produced by root manager account (response is empty). Is this by design and how can we download account performance for accounts managed by sub-managers?

Thank,
Dongliang

Ivan Bautista

Jul 21, 2017, 2:34:21 AM7/21/17
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dongliang,

As per documentation, the scenario you are trying to achieve should be possible by using the developer token of your root MCC account (100), the OAuth2 credentials of the root MCC account (100) or the sub MCC account (1001), and the clientCustomerId of the targeted client account (2001) in the request header.

To help us investigate further, could you provide to us privately (using reply privately to author option) the report definition used and the generated report file from the AdWords API?

Regards,
Ivan
AdWords API Team

dyla...@gmail.com

Jul 24, 2017, 5:13:44 AM7/24/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Ivan,

Thanks for reply!

I just found it's not caused by sub-manager, but if the account is created by never have campaign in it, when we request account performance we get nothing back from API.

Is it by-design or potential bug in API side? I think even there's no campaign in it we can get a row with all performance data as zero, same as other account has campaign but no performance.

Thanks!

Ivan Bautista

Jul 24, 2017, 6:17:04 AM7/24/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Dongliang,

For us to verify on our end, could you share to us privately (using reply privately to author option) the report definition used as well as the generated report file?

Do note that if the account has no campaign, then there are no ads to generate impressions. This could possibly be the reason why you're not getting any rows where performance data/metrics are included in your report. If you wish to include zero impressions in your generated report, then you may set the includeZeroImpressions HTTP header to true.

However, please note that some fields doesn't support zero impressions so if you include them in your selector, then it might produce an error when generating the report where includeZeroImpressions is set to true. For example, for Account Performance Report, ClickType field does not support zero impressions so if you include it in your report definition with includeZeroImpressions = true, then an error will be thrown.