Issue querying metrics from location asset on a PMAX Campaign

Jérôme MARIACCIA

Jul 5, 2024, 6:39:06 AM (yesterday) Jul 5
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hello,

I'm facing an issue querying my metrics from my PMAX Campaign, location asset using APIAssetLocation.png

Looking Online I found this : https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/assets/location-assets that was referring to the endpoint "asset_set_asset" so I tried to query my data using this endpoint I did have some result when querying this endpoint without any filter on the campaign ID, but the only metrics I was getting were the metrics from my SEARCH campaign, none of my PMAX Campaign and when I tried filtering on my Pmax campaign ID, or to retrieve only data for PMAX Type Campaign I had no result even though I see results on Google Ads UI.

I also tried other asset endpoint like "campaign_asset" / "customer_asset" / "asset" but none were successful in querying metrics for location type assets.

If anyone has a solution or advice, I will look forward to it.
Best regards,
Jérôme

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Jul 5, 2024, 1:09:42 PM (21 hours ago) Jul 5
to jer...@jvweb.fr, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to the Google Ads API support team.

After checking the information provided, I understand that you are facing issues while trying to retrieve asset data for performance max campaigns using Google Ads API. I would recommend you to use the ad_group_ad_asset_view to fetch the asset data.

If you are unable to fetch the required data, in order to assist you further, provide us the customer ID of the Google Ads account that you are trying to fetch the data. Also, provide us the complete API logs (request and response with request-id and request header) generated at your end.

If you are using a client library and haven't enabled the logging yet, I would request you to enable logging for the specific client library that you are using. You can refer to the guides Java.NetPHPPythonRuby or Perl to enable logging at your end. For REST interface requests, you can enable logging via the curl command by using the -i flag.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tJe15:ref" (ADR-00245278)

Thanks,

Google Logo Google Ads API Team

Register for the upcoming workshop: Performance Max and the Google Ads API!

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Jul 5, 2024, 1:11:50 PM (21 hours ago) Jul 5
to jer...@jvweb.fr, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Please ignore my previous response.

[...]

You can send the details via Reply privately to the author option, or direct private reply to this email.