GAQL for obtaining Non eligible keywords

Lukas St

Nov 16, 2021, 10:12:14 AM11/16/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello,

I can't figure out from the documentation how should I get all the non eligible keywords (See screenshot).

What I found:
Keyword has an ad group criterion, and ad group criterion has 2 ENUM values:
ad_group_criterion.system_serving_status (ELIGIBLE,RARELY_SERVED,UNKNOWNUN,SPECIFIED) and ad_group_criterion.status (ENABLED,PAUSED,REMOVED,UNKNOWN,UNSPECIFIED).
I am not sure what the Rarely_served value means. I didn't find any value that would correspond to something like "Non eligible".

My goal is to create GAQL that would be able to query keywords that are flagged as non eligible.

Thank you for help.
Lukas
noneligiblekeywords.png

Lukas St

Nov 16, 2021, 10:12:53 AM11/16/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Just to be clear, this is about Google Ads API and not AdWords API

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Nov 16, 2021, 3:44:18 PM11/16/21
to lukasmast...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lukas,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Could you privately send us a full screenshot of the UI showing with the 'not eligible low search volume' status?

Reminder: Share your feedback about the Google Ads (AdWords) API! Take the 2021 Google Ads API and AdWords API Annual Survey

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh Baker
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2R9UON:ref

Lukas St

Nov 17, 2021, 2:21:18 AM11/17/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Aryeh,

could you please guide me on how to send a private message here? Very appreciated.

Thank you.
Lukas.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Nov 17, 2021, 5:12:55 AM11/17/21
to lukasmast...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Lukas,

This is Yasar and I work with Aryeh. Let me assist you with this.

You may navigate to the right hand side for 3 vertical dots and use the Reply privately to author option. If this option is not available, you may send the details directly to our googleadsa...@google.com alias instead.

Regards,

Reminder: Share your feedback about the Google Ads (AdWords) API! Take the 2021 Google Ads API and AdWords API Annual Survey

Google Logo
Yasar
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2R9UON:ref

Lukas St

Nov 22, 2021, 9:32:01 AM11/22/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello, I have sent the full screenshot privately to the the email address. I am curious if there is any update on this?

Thank you.

Best,
Lukas.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Nov 23, 2021, 12:23:03 AM11/23/21
to lukasmast...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hello Lukas,

Thanks for getting back to us.

As previously mentioned by Aryeh, a feature request has been raised for this. Since this is still subject for review, there is no guarantee if this will be supported in the API soon. That said, we recommend that you keep an eye to our blog for updates and new releases.

Regards,

Reminder: Share your feedback about the Google Ads (AdWords) API! Take the 2021 Google Ads API and AdWords API Annual Survey

Google Logo
Mark Kevin Albios
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2R9UON:ref

Lukas St

Nov 23, 2021, 5:30:53 AM11/23/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello Mark,

Don't get me wrong but my question wasn't directed towards requesting new features.
I wanted to know what the attribute ad_group_criterion.system_serving_status (ELIGIBLE, RARELY_SERVED, UNKNOWNUN, SPECIFIED) really represents since the attributes in the UI are completely different, fx. there is not "RARELY_SERVED" attribute on keywords, on the other hand, keywords can be flagged as "Non Eligible" in the UI and I am not sure if this covers the RARELY_SERVED case.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to update the documentation.

Best,
Lukas.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Nov 23, 2021, 1:47:09 PM11/23/21
to lukasmast...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lukas,

The UI's about keyword status has a list of status states.

'Not eligible' keyword status has to do with the campaign and adGroup status causing this keyword to not serve and there's no field in keyword_view that will combine this information into one. To get this information currently you can use the fields 'campaign.status', 'campaign.serving_status' and 'ad_group.status'.

'Eligible' and 'rarely served' seem to map to the UI's 'Eligible' and 'Eligible limited'.

'ad_group_criterion.approval_status' will get if the keyword is disapproved, mapping to 'Disapproved' in the UI.

'ad_group_criterion.status' will get if you paused or removed the keyword, mapping to 'Removed' and 'Paused' in the UI.

Feel free to get back to us.

Reminder: Share your feedback about the Google Ads (AdWords) API! Take the 2021 Google Ads API and AdWords API Annual Survey

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh Baker
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2R9UON:ref

Lukas St

Nov 29, 2021, 4:32:15 AM11/29/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hey Aryeh,

thank you for your answer, I tested it but I came to different conclusions than what you wrote.

1. "rarely served" maps only 'Non Eligible' keywords, not 'Eligible limited'.
2. The link that you provided (UI's about keyword status ) describes what it means that a keyword is 'Not Eligible'. But there is missing one case - when it's 'Not Eligible' because of low search volume, below first page bid.

Best regards,
Lukas.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Nov 30, 2021, 12:19:28 PM11/30/21
to lukasmast...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lukas,

Thank you for getting back to me, could you privately send us a full screenshot of the UI combined with a full request and response log of API communication showing this rarely served as non eligible and the below first page bid issue?

The request and response appears similar to the JSON Mappings in our REST documentation. Our client libraries have loggers with logging instructions, to see these instructions you can click on the client library you use in the sidebar of our client library guide and click on "Logging". Setting the logger to 'DEBUG' will get the desired log.

cv

Jul 25, 2022, 1:28:16 AM7/25/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Is there any resolution here?
I am also looking to get same as mentioned on initial question. I need to get non-eligible keywords.

My goal is to create GAQL that would be able to query keywords that are flagged as non eligible.

Lukas St

Jul 25, 2022, 2:14:50 AM7/25/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
From keyword_view, you can select "ad_group_criterion.system_serving_status", and if this has status "RARELY_SERVED" then it means that it's not eligible.

cv

Jul 25, 2022, 2:34:08 AM7/25/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Thanks for prompt response.

Can I know  why it is 'Not Eligible'?  it's 'Not Eligible' because of low search volume etc.. ?

Thanks,

Lukas St

Jul 25, 2022, 3:08:25 AM7/25/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
It covers all of those that are not eligible for whatever reason, which was what I was looking for, I don't know how to get the specific reason.

You might have to create a new thread in order to get a reply from the Google Ads API team.

Have a nice day,
Lukas.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Jul 25, 2022, 4:24:30 AM7/25/22
to lukasmast...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone,

I hope that you are doing well today.

@cv Is there any resolution here?

  • As of now, ad_group_criterion.system_serving_status does not support enum = Not Eligible. As stated in this document, my colleague already raised this feature request. However, there is no guarantee that this will be supported in the API in the near future. That said, we recommend that you keep an eye on our blog for updates and new releases.

I am also looking to get same as mentioned on initial question. I need to get non-eligible keywords.

  • As mentioned by Lukas, for now you can use keyword_view, then select "ad_group_criterion.system_serving_status", and if this has the status "RARELY_SERVED", then it indicates that the Low search volume.

Best,
Google Logo
Anthony Cyril