RE: Error: The developer token is not approved.

67 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

ungelesen,
29.09.2022, 02:24:3829.09.22
an ja...@buytesmart.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jaime,

Thank you for raising your concern. Allow me to provide support.

As the error message said, the developer token is not approved. Non-approved developer tokens can only be used with test accounts. With this, in order to create a test Google Ads account, where the non-approved developer token can be used and to know more information about the test account, you may refer to this document. The IDs that you should be using in the API requests, not just in the login-customer-id and customer_id, should belong to the created test account.

However, if you require using developer token in a production Google Ads account, you will need to request a basic access level for developer token by following this guide.

Regards,
Google Logo
Ernie John
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2euQbM:ref

Jaime Oliver

ungelesen,
29.09.2022, 10:38:1629.09.22
an ads...@forumsupport.google, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello Ernie,

I have followed basically all the guides you have available on this issue.

1) I created a test manager account in order to be able to create test user accounts because this is the only way of doing that correct?
2) I have a live manager account with a dev token which is what I am using in order to query the test accounts. However I still get access denied.
3) I have a GCP project where I have the OAUTH credentials and consent screen setup.
4) I am using the following data:

developerToken - Unapproved token from the live manager account
clientId - Coming from the OAuth credentials
clientSecret - Coming from the OAuth credentials
refreshToken - Taken by authorizing APIs using OAuth Playground
clientId - Using the client ID from the test account that I want to query. See screenshot below.
image.png

I have already asked for a dev token review. However I would like to be able to understand the system and query test accounts for future development cases. Some guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Jaime Oliver

ungelesen,
29.09.2022, 13:43:5629.09.22
an Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Solved.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

ungelesen,
29.09.2022, 21:36:3829.09.22
an ja...@buytesmart.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jaime,

Thank you for updating us.

We are glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. If you have any API related concerns, please feel free to reach out to us so we can provide support to you.

Regards,
Google Logo
Carmela
Google Ads API Team