Approval Status for Image extension

Luong Trung

Jul 1, 2022, 6:11:26 AM7/1/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hi. Is it possible to get the Approval Status for the Image Extensions? Below is what I have tried:

I tried to query with condition `campaign_asset.field_type IN ('MARKETING_IMAGE', 'PORTRAIT_MARKETING_IMAGE', 'SQUARE_MARKETING_IMAGE')` but could not get the image extension

With Extension Feed Item, I could get the ID of the image extension. However, there is no Approval status. Mapping the ID here with what I can find in Campaign Asset does not help. It always returns UNSPECIFIED

I can get the asset and URLs of the image but no Approval Status

Thank you

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Jul 1, 2022, 11:09:43 AM7/1/22
to luong...@joingsg.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Luong,

Thanks for reaching out to the Google Ads API Support.

Kindly see below responses to your queries:

1. Campaign Asset

I tried to query with condition `campaign_asset.field_type IN ('MARKETING_IMAGE', 'PORTRAIT_MARKETING_IMAGE', 'SQUARE_MARKETING_IMAGE')` but could not get the image extension

>> Could you please confirm if the above campaign asset types indeed exist in your client account along with approval status? If so, you may provide us complete logs in the format of request and response logs, request-id along with complete Ads UI screenshot showing on UI. so we can impersonate your report on our end to investigate.

2. Extension Feed Item

With Extension Feed Item, I could get the ID of the image extension. However, there is no Approval status. Mapping the ID here with what I can find in Campaign Asset does not help. It always returns UNSPECIFIED

>> You may provide the complete logs for this concern as well where you are unable to get the Approval status and returns UNSPECIFIED, so that we can check on our end.

3. Asset:

I can get the asset and URLs of the image but no Approval Status

>> If you’re unable to fetch the asset.policy_summary.approval_status, then we can check this as well once we receive the logs as requested for question#1.

Kindly you may reply privately to the option to send us in order to avoid posting sensitive details publicly.

Regards,

Google Logo
Yasar
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2cFKWt:ref

Luong Trung

Jul 4, 2022, 7:38:24 AM7/4/22
to ads...@forumsupport.google, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

1. Campaign Asset

I tried to query with condition `campaign_asset.field_type IN ('MARKETING_IMAGE', 'PORTRAIT_MARKETING_IMAGE', 'SQUARE_MARKETING_IMAGE')` but could not get the image extension

>> Could you please confirm if the above campaign asset types indeed exist in your client account along with approval status? If so, you may provide us complete logs in the format of request and response logs, request-id along with complete Ads UI screenshot showing on UI. so we can impersonate your report on our end to investigate.

Here is the log and the screenshot:

Method: /google.ads.googleads.v11.services.GoogleAdsService/SearchStream
Host: googleads.googleapis.com
Headers: {
  "developer-token": "REDACTED",
  "login-customer-id": "1616016053",
  "x-goog-api-client": "gl-python/3.7.0 grpc/1.47.0 gax/2.8.2 gccl/17.0.0",
  "x-goog-request-params": "customer_id=4466952953"
}
Request: customer_id: "4466952953"
query: "SELECT campaign_asset.campaign, campaign_asset.asset, campaign.status, asset.resource_name, campaign.name, asset.policy_summary.approval_status FROM campaign_asset WHERE campaign_asset.field_type IN (\'MARKETING_IMAGE\', \'PORTRAIT_MARKETING_IMAGE\', \'SQUARE_MARKETING_IMAGE\') AND campaign.status = \'ENABLED\' AND campaign_asset.status = \'ENABLED\'"

Response
-------
Headers: {
  "request-id": "PqjI0V8xFdTISDJr6269ZA"
}
Response: None

[2022-07-04 13:35:23,093 - INFO] Request made: ClientCustomerId: 4466952953, Host: googleads.googleapis.com, Method: /google.ads.googleads.v11.services.GoogleAdsService/SearchStream, RequestId: PqjI0V8xFdTISDJr6269ZA, IsFault: False, FaultMessage: None

Untitled.png
--
Luong Quang Trung | Junior SEM Manager

Radlkoferstraße 2, 81373 Munich, Germany

CupoNation GmbH, registered seat at 81373 Munich, Germany
Registered at local court of Munich, HRB 209997; VAT-ID: DE284809750 Managing Directors: Dr. Andreas Fruth, Dr. Adrian Renner, Dr. Gerhard Trautmann

This email may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this email in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this email. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this email is strictly forbidden.

Aaron Weiner

Jul 28, 2022, 6:53:40 PM7/28/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
I'm seeing the same issue.

I have a few accounts which contain some disapproved image extensions, but their approval status is never returned within the asset report.

SELECT
  asset.policy_summary.approval_status,
  asset.policy_summary.policy_topic_entries,
  asset.policy_summary.review_status,
  asset.name,
  asset.type
FROM asset
WHERE
  asset.policy_summary.approval_status != 'APPROVED'
ORDER BY
  asset.type

google ads api - image extensions.jpg

Are image extensions not in this report?

Thanks and I look forward to your reply.

Aaron

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Jul 29, 2022, 12:08:14 AM7/29/22
to aa...@softwarepromotions.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for your response. I hope you are doing well today.

To further investigate the issue and to answer your question, could you confirm if your extension is asset-based or feed-based? If asset-based, then the appropriate report types that you can use are following depending on what level (customer, campaign and ad group) that extensions are associated with:

These report types should return the image extensions with status.

Also, if it is feed-based, then the appropriate report that you can use is feed_item. This report type should also return the image extensions with status.

In an event that the information has still not been returned using those suggested report types, then please provide the complete Ads API logs (request and response with request-id) so our team further investigates this issue and gives guidance on this?

Regards,

Google Logo
Darwin