Is performance-max campaigns reporting available at ad group or ad level?

Alex Contreras

May 4, 2022, 12:36:16 PMMay 4
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
I don't see docs anywhere that explicitly state this limitation.

I'm pulling data from the ad_group and from the ad_group_ad resources. PERFORMANCE_MAX campaigns seem to be missing.

Is this expected behavior? Is performance (impressions, cost, clicks, etc) for PERFORMACE_MAX campaigns only available from the campaign resource?

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

May 5, 2022, 9:30:16 AMMay 5
to alex.co...@pmg.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Alex,

Thanks for reaching out to the Google Ads API Forum.

Kindly note that Google Ads API supports performance max report data at campaign level, and not ad group level or ad level. This is working as expected if you’re getting empty data at ad group or ad level reporting. Note that the performance (impressions, cost, clicks, etc) for PERFORMACE_MAX is available using campaign resource. Also, please make sure to not select an AdGroup when querying Performance Max campaigns, as no campaigns will be returned. Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Google Logo
Yasar
Google Ads API Team