Is performance-max campaigns reporting available at ad group or ad level?

Alex Contreras

May 4, 2022, 12:36:16 PM5/4/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
I don't see docs anywhere that explicitly state this limitation.

I'm pulling data from the ad_group and from the ad_group_ad resources. PERFORMANCE_MAX campaigns seem to be missing.

Is this expected behavior? Is performance (impressions, cost, clicks, etc) for PERFORMACE_MAX campaigns only available from the campaign resource?

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

May 5, 2022, 9:30:16 AM5/5/22
to alex.co...@pmg.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Alex,

Thanks for reaching out to the Google Ads API Forum.

Kindly note that Google Ads API supports performance max report data at campaign level, and not ad group level or ad level. This is working as expected if you’re getting empty data at ad group or ad level reporting. Note that the performance (impressions, cost, clicks, etc) for PERFORMACE_MAX is available using campaign resource. Also, please make sure to not select an AdGroup when querying Performance Max campaigns, as no campaigns will be returned. Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Google Logo
Yasar
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2aQSto:ref

Ryan Canseco

Aug 22, 2023, 5:48:40 AM8/22/23
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hi, is the following feature still not available as of now?

Oksana Sulyma

Aug 22, 2023, 6:54:57 AM8/22/23
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
+1. Interested in opportunity to get reporting data of PERFORMACE_MAX campaigns ADS.

Igor Selitsky

Aug 22, 2023, 8:29:41 AM8/22/23
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Performance MAX campaigns have asset groups and assets, they don't have ad group or ads.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Aug 22, 2023, 4:01:55 PM8/22/23
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out.

@Ryan
Please note that as per this guide (https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/performance-max/reporting), it is stated here that you have to make sure that you don't select an AdGroup when querying Performance Max campaigns, since no campaigns will be returned. Don't segment by AssetGroup (https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/reference/rpc/v14/AssetGroup) either, as this is not permitted.

@Igor
Thank you for sharing your insights. This is highly appreciated.

Let us know if you have further questions.

This message is in relation to case "ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2aQSto:ref"

Thanks,

Google Logo Google Ads API Team

Louis Monier

Sep 4, 2023, 10:25:35 AM9/4/23
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hi folks,

Just want to double check with you: so it's NOT possible to get the metrics (cost_micros, impressions, clicks, conversions) segmented by asset_group_id/name for Performance Max campaigns ?

I successfully extracted some data using the asset_group_product_group_view report via the Google Ads API. However, it doesn't match the number I can see on the platform directly. I constantly have less data from the API than on the platform. For instance, the cost on a particular day of an asset group may be 130$ on the UI VS 125$ from the API.

This is the pseudo code of my request to the API:

SELECT
CUSTOMER_ID,
DATE,
CLICKS,
CAMPAIGN_ID,
ASSET_GROUP_NAME,
ASSET_GROUP_LISTING_GROUP_FILTER_TYPE,
IMPRESSIONS,
ASSET_GROUP_AD_STRENGTH,
ASSET_GROUP_ID,
COST_MICROS

FROM asset_group_product_group_view
WHERE customer_id = 'xxxxx' AND date = 'YYYY-MM-DD'
    AND ASSET_GROUP_LISTING_GROUP_FILTER_TYPE != 'SUBDIVISION'

Thank you in advance,
Best,

Louis

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 4, 2023, 2:09:22 PM9/4/23
to louis....@spark.do, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Louis,

Can you please provide some uncropped UI screenshots of the data you're trying to retrieve via API along with the complete request and response logs with request-id so we can further investigate and accurately assist you with your concern? You may send these to our team via Reply privately to author option.

Reference links:
request - https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/concepts/field-service#request
response - https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/concepts/field-service#response
request-id - https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/concepts/call-structure#request-id