Unable to create AppInstall campaign | Maximize conversions | Bidding strategy

Meet Paija

Sep 21, 2021, 12:34:42 AM9/21/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

I want to create an app install campaign with maximize conversion bidding strategy without targetCPA, I've tried to create the same with the rest interface but getting some errors.

Though I've created the same flow in google ads manager and tried to create with the same campaign parameters through REST.

It's giving an error as bidding_strategy_goal_type is required, but as I checked from Ads manager created campaign response, it's set as unknown and doesn't require for maximize conversion bidding strategy.

PFA requrest/response. Can someone suggest how I can create the same from API?

Thanks,
Meet Paija

AppInstall_MaximizeConversions_Request.json
AppInstall_MaximizeConversions_Response.json

Meet Paija

Sep 21, 2021, 12:51:03 AM9/21/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Google API version used for REST - v8

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 21, 2021, 3:24:16 PM9/21/21
to meet....@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Thanks for reaching out. The OPTIMIZE_INSTALLS_TARGET_INSTALL_COST goal type is associated with the target_cpa bidding strategy, as the target_cpa value given represents the target cost per install. To create an app campaign focused on installs, please use the settings specified on this page under the Focus on getting more installs subsection.

Regards,
Matt
Google Ads API Team

Google Logo
Matt
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2OSeKy:ref

Meet Paija

Sep 21, 2021, 11:44:05 PM9/21/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Thanks, Matt for the quick response. Yes, we can create an app campaign by setting a target_cpa bidding strategy for which biddingStrategyType is TARGET_CPA,
But I want to create a campaign with biddingStrategyType as MAXIMIZE_CONVERSIONS (It won't have OPTIMIZE_INSTALLS_TARGET_INSTALL_COST goal), which I'm unable to create from API but I can create the same from ads manager.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 22, 2021, 10:31:19 AM9/22/21
to meet....@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

This is Yasar and I work with Matt. Let me assist you with this.

It seems that the bid strategy that you are trying to apply to your campaign is MAXIMIZE_CONVERSIONS. As you can see in this reference page, MAXIMIZE_CONVERSIONS works only with Search campaigns. You will need to use a strategy that is compatible with your campaigns.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Google Logo
Yasar
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2OSeKy:ref

Meet Paija

Sep 23, 2021, 12:21:25 AM9/23/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Yasar,

Thanks for the confirmation on MAXIMIZE_CONVERSIONS. May I know the reason why I'm able to create MAXIMIZE_CONVERSIONS for AppCampaign from Ads manager (PFB) but not from REST API?
Please refer this page for more details. To rephrase my question, I want to create a similar behavior through REST API (v8).

Screenshot 2021-09-23 at 9.45.30 AM.png

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 24, 2021, 8:29:38 AM9/24/21
to meet....@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Meet,

Thank you for providing more details to your concern.

The only reason is that the Google Ads API only supports search campaign for MAXIMIZE_CONVERSIONS bidding strategy. With this, let me raise a feature request to my about supporting app campaign for MAXIMIZE_CONVERSIONS bidding strategy, subject for review.

For the meantime, please follow our blog as we will post there any relevant updates when become supported.

Regards,
Google Logo
Ernie John Blanca Tacata
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2OSeKy:ref

Meet Paija

Sep 24, 2021, 10:20:42 AM9/24/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Thanks for your inputs!
Can you keep me posted for further updates on your feature request?

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 27, 2021, 12:46:50 PM9/27/21
to meet....@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

The best way to keep up with feature requests is to subscribe to the Ads API blog feed. Please let us know if you have any other questions.