Can the API access the campaign label?

Douglas O'Neal

Mar 27, 2012, 2:43:56 PM3/27/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
The My Client Center ui allows labels to be created and associated with campaigns.  Are there any API calls that will retrieve these associations?  I'd like to be able to use the api to download a report and to match it up to a MCC label.

Thanks.

Kevin Winter

Mar 30, 2012, 11:09:20 AM3/30/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
  Labels in the MCC UI are applied to managed accounts and unfortunately are not available via the AdWords API at this time.

- Kevin Winter
AdWords API Team

Reed

Apr 30, 2012, 10:48:01 AM4/30/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
I don't think this has anything specifically to do with whether the accounts are being managed via an MCC account.  The new "labels" feature is not limited to MCC accounts.  I can log into the AdWords account, the same one that I pull data from via the API, and create labels.  I think that the first-pass requirement would be that the label data can be included in reports.  I know that this might not be easy, since it is possibly a many-to-one relationship between the labels and the criteria.  The next level of need would be to retrieve the labels information at the campaign,adgroup, etc., levels in order to understand the hierarchy that has been created.  Finally there is the need to actually manage the labels via the API (campaignservice, etc) - creating, deleting, updating.

thanks,
-reed

REVEAL

May 31, 2012, 2:54:16 PM5/31/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello. Has anyone thought of a work around for this?  Kevin, do you have any suggestions on how to filter API report data by label?

Kevin Winter

Jun 1, 2012, 11:43:28 AM6/1/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
  Sorry I didn't respond on this thread earlier.  I checked with the core engineers and there's a good bit of effort involved in exposing it via the API.  We're currently looking into it, but no promises when it may be exposed.

- Kevin Winter
AdWords API Team

Danial Klimkin

Feb 21, 2013, 5:28:40 AM2/21/13
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello Ali,

AdWords API does not currently support labels.

-Danial, AdWords API Team.

On Tuesday, February 19, 2013 2:26:04 AM UTC+4, Ali Vahed wrote:
Hello,
Are the APIs to access Label ready?
I develop a Google Adwords client and need to sync Google Ads Label.
Cheers?

Danial Klimkin

May 13, 2013, 5:59:47 PM5/13/13
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello Ali,

No, labels are not supported in the API at the moment.

-Danial, AdWords API Team.

On Monday, May 13, 2013 6:59:27 AM UTC+4, Ali Vahed wrote:
Hello Daniel,

Is there any update on this issue? we really need to extract campaign labels with API to generate some reports. doing it manually is almost impossible.

Regards,
Ali

Subrata Sarkar

Jun 25, 2013, 7:45:13 AM6/25/13
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I can download all Client Ids for a Customer Account Id. However I want it a slightly different way - i.e. when pulling the Client Ids, I want to know which accounts are now "active" so that when I will pull data from API it will only send request to Google server for active accounts.

One possibility I thought could be "labels" but unfortunately this filter is not yet exposed to API.

In this scenario how I can achieve the above? If you can please reply in a few hours that would be a real life-saver for me.

Best regards,
Subrata Sarkar

Anash P. Oommen (AdWords API Team)

Jun 26, 2013, 3:48:29 AM6/26/13
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Subrata,

One approach I could think of is to link the "inactive" accounts under an MCC if you know for sure that the accounts are inactive. You could then fetch the account hierarchy of that MCC to prevent sending requests to those accounts.

Cheers,
Anash P. Oommen,
AdWords API Advisor.