Unable to load dynamic library 'php_protobuf.dll'

Mostafa Ezzat

Nov 28, 2021, 1:28:01 PM11/28/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum

First of all i'm sorry that I post this in the beginning of the installation but i've been 2 days trying to use google ads api, and all I want is using Keyword planner API to generate Keywords depending search volume in my web application project.

I'm using Win 7, I installed grpc and google-ads-php
I followed the pre requirements of this https://grpc.io/docs/languages/php/quickstart/#prerequisites when i cd to cd grpc/examples/php i get this, for this error I searched a lot didn't find any specific source for install this file on windows

c:\xampp\htdocs\seosystem\grpc\examples\php>composer install PHP Warning: Module "grpc" is already loaded in Unknown on line 0 Warning: Module "grpc" is already loaded in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'php_protobuf.dll' (tr ied: C:\xampp\php\ext\php_protobuf.dll (The specified module could not be found) , C:\xampp\php\ext\php_php_protobuf.dll.dll (The specified module could not be f ound)) in Unknown on line 0 Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'php_protobuf.dll' (tried: C:\xampp\php\ext\php_protobuf.dll (The specified module could not be found), C:\ xampp\php\ext\php_php_protobuf.dll.dll (The specified module could not be found) ) in Unknown on line 0 Installing dependencies from lock file (including require-dev) Verifying lock file contents can be installed on current platform. Nothing to install, update or remove Generating autoload files c:\xampp\htdocs\seosystem\grpc\examples\php>

when i use cd google-ads-php then use composer install I get this it was 2 Problems in the first about grpc and protobuf now it's protobuf only after I searched for grpc error

c:\xampp\htdocs\seosystem\google-ads-php>composer install PHP Warning: Module "grpc" is already loaded in Unknown on line 0 Warning: Module "grpc" is already loaded in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'php_protobuf.dll' (tr ied: C:\xampp\php\ext\php_protobuf.dll (The specified module could not be found) , C:\xampp\php\ext\php_php_protobuf.dll.dll (The specified module could not be f ound)) in Unknown on line 0 Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'php_protobuf.dll' (tried: C:\xampp\php\ext\php_protobuf.dll (The specified module could not be found), C:\ xampp\php\ext\php_php_protobuf.dll.dll (The specified module could not be found) ) in Unknown on line 0 No composer.lock file present. Updating dependencies to latest instead of instal ling from lock file. See https://getcomposer.org/install for more information. Loading composer repositories with package information Updating dependencies Your requirements could not be resolved to an installable set of packages. Problem 1 - Root composer.json requires PHP extension ext-protobuf * but it is missing from your system. Install or enable PHP's protobuf extension. To enable extensions, verify that they are enabled in your .ini files: - C:\xampp\php\php.ini You can also run `php --ini` inside terminal to see which files are used by PHP in CLI mode. c:\xampp\htdocs\seosystem\google-ads-php>

I added those lines to php.ini

; grpc ext extension=php_grpc.dll extension=grpc extension=php_protobuf.dll

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Nov 29, 2021, 10:14:28 AM11/29/21
to programer...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mostafa,

Thanks for reaching out. This issue appears to be a PHP client library specific issue. Can you please reach out to the client library owners for further assistance on this?

Thanks,
Matt
Google Ads API Team

Reminder: Share your feedback about the Google Ads (AdWords) API! Take the 2021 Google Ads API and AdWords API Annual Survey

Google Logo
Matt
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2Rwg87:ref