CUSTOMER_NOT_ENABLED

QDQ Media

Jun 28, 2019, 5:15:56 AM6/28/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello, I am doing the migration from old google adwords API to new googleads v1.

I have one main MCC, under this I have 10 SubMcc and under each SubMcc I have a lot of accounts.

I am trying to make my first call to new API, and I have this problem.

Jun 28, 2019, 3:48:11 PM6/28/19
to mccqd...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Team,

Thank you for contacting support. The error "CUSTOMER_NOT_ENABLED" means that the account is not yet ready. Your account could be in DRAFT state. You cannot make calls to the API against an account that is not set up. You should be able to make API calls once you finish setting it up. If you are still facing the issue, could you please share the clientCustomerId used for making API calls? Please reply using Reply privately to author option.

Regards,
Nikisha Patel, Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UCZyNO:ref

QDQ Media

Jul 1, 2019, 3:08:28 AM7/1/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
So, it means that you have to make the set up manually?

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Jul 1, 2019, 2:55:45 PM7/1/19
to mccqd...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Team,

You need to manually complete your account set up through Google Ads UI and then make the API calls. Once your account is set up, you will successfully be able to make calls to API. Let us know if this helps.

Regards,
Nikisha Patel, Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UCZyNO:ref

anirudh maddy

Aug 15, 2019, 3:42:07 AM8/15/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Is there any way I can check the status of the account using a query. Currently, I'm using the below query to get the list of accounts:

SELECT customer.id, customer.descriptive_name, customer.manager, customer_client.resource_name, customer_client.client_customer, customer_client.level, customer_client.hidden FROM customer_client

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Aug 15, 2019, 10:39:30 AM8/15/19
to anirud...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anirudh,

It is not possible to check the status of the account using a query via API. Let us know if you need additional information.

anirudh maddy

Sep 4, 2019, 5:17:52 PM9/4/19
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Nikisha,

Without checking the status, I'm making requests to the API, this is causing our error rate to increase. I want to avoid that. Could you suggest a query or a method which I can use to avoid errors?

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Sep 6, 2019, 11:25:09 AM9/6/19
to anirud...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Anirudh,

Unfortunately, there is no alternative query to avoid the errors for inactive/cancelled accounts when using client_customer resource via API. Let us know if you need any additional information.

Regards,
Nikisha Patel, Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UCZyNO:ref

cv

Nov 18, 2020, 4:33:55 AM11/18/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
HI,

Is there any method available to avoid such error?

we atleast need details that we can avoid such accounts.

Thanks,

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Nov 18, 2020, 9:06:24 PM11/18/20
to chirag....@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am afraid that you will actually encounter this error when you include an inactive / canceled account in the API request. With this, I will suggest also to not include inactive / canceled account in API request to avoid this error.

One way to check the status of the Google Ads account, especially if it is inactive / canceled, is to login the account as you can see its status in the UI. Also, you have an option to activate this account by following this guide in the event that you want to include it in the request header of the API transaction.

Regards,
Google Logo
Ernie John Blanca Tacata
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UCZyNO:ref

cv

Nov 19, 2020, 12:01:39 AM11/19/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

No I cannot check individual account using UI.
As I have only access to API only as of now.
I am trying to do this steps
1) Get accesible accounts
2) Checking accounts under the customerId that is available in step 1

In this situation I can not go further if I found account which are inactive.
Either API should not return the inactive accounts or there must be way to get only accessible accounts.

Thanks,

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Nov 20, 2020, 10:31:53 AM11/20/20
to chirag....@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. Let me raise a feature request for determining the accounts with inactive status using Google Ads API. In the meantime, you can follow our blog to receive updates and new releases.

Regards,

Google Logo
Abraham Williams
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UCZyNO:ref

cv

Apr 12, 2021, 4:09:33 AM4/12/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Is there any update on this?

I am still not able to get the error.

cv

Apr 12, 2021, 5:22:58 AM4/12/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
I can see that PARAMETERS include_drafts=true I can manage but no documentation there or what does this mean?

SELECT customer.id, customer.manager, customer.test_account, customer.time_zone, customer.descriptive_name, customer.currency_code FROM customer WHERE customer.test_account != TRUE PARAMETERS include_drafts=true

Thanks,

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Apr 12, 2021, 1:56:04 PM4/12/21
to chirag....@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Unfortunately, we don't have any updates regarding that feature request.

Here is some documentation on the PARAMETERS clause for Google Ads API queries.

Regards,
Anthony

Google Logo
Anthony
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UCZyNO:ref

cv

Apr 13, 2021, 5:40:31 AM4/13/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Anthony,

This customer ids are returned through API when we call listaccessiblecustomers api call.

If this is not giving any API response we should have option to get only those accounts which have valid setup/active.

Thanks,

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Apr 13, 2021, 1:46:44 PM4/13/21
to chirag....@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Yes, we are working on getting this feature added. As always, since we cannot give any timelines, you can follow our blog for any announcements.

Ian Campbell

Feb 2, 2022, 11:15:40 AM2/2/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Any update on this?

There doesn't seem to be a way of finding a list of all client accounts that are not 'cancelled'.
Therefore I cannot get a list of all client accounts that will not throw an error when I try access them via the api

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Feb 3, 2022, 3:36:29 AM2/3/22
to adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hello Ian,

Thanks for getting back to us.

As previously mentioned by Anthony, a feature request has been raised for this; however, there is no guarantee if this will be supported in the API soon. That said, we highly recommend that you monitor our blog for updates and new releases.

Regards,

Google Logo
Mark Kevin Albios
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UCZyNO:ref

mkr...@trialfire.com

Feb 8, 2022, 4:36:48 PM2/8/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Having the same issue. I would be great if the API handled this more gracefully or if the query filtered out inactive ad account

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Feb 9, 2022, 5:18:11 AM2/9/22
to mkr...@trialfire.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Thanks for commenting on this thread.

Unfortunately, we don't have any updates regarding that feature request in order to support in the API. In the meantime, you may use Ads UI as a workaround provided in this thread.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Google Logo
Yasar
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UCZyNO:ref

Albert Somlith

Feb 22, 2022, 11:51:26 AM2/22/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Has anyone found a solution?

Tiana S.

Feb 22, 2022, 12:07:12 PM2/22/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
@mraso It's not an ideal solution, more of a workaround since you also may miss some accounts, but at least you would get most this way.

What you can do is use `listAccessibleCustomers` to fetch a list of the customers the authenticated user has direct access to: https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/rest/reference/rest/v10/customers/listAccessibleCustomers
And then for each of the customers returned from that make a `searchStream` request to fetch the underlying accounts it manages: https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/rest/reference/rest/v10/customers.googleAds/searchStream

If that second request returns `CUSTOMER_NOT_ENABLED` ignore it and move along to the next "accessible customer".

Hope this helps!

cv

Feb 23, 2022, 12:04:20 AM2/23/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hi All,

I think v10 of API has customer.status, which will solve this issue.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Feb 23, 2022, 3:23:18 AM2/23/22
to chirag....@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

This is to confirm that the below contents of this update would indeed allow customers to filter the status of their accounts :
    • CustomerClient will contain inactive accounts in addition to active and test accounts.
    Best regards,

    Google Logo
    Peter Laurence
    Google Ads API Team

    ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UCZyNO:ref

    Ian Campbell

    Feb 23, 2022, 5:41:50 AM2/23/22
    to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
    Great news. Works well. Thanks for update. Thanks for listening.

    rita quaglietta

    Feb 26, 2022, 6:19:24 AM2/26/22
    to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum

    How did you manage?

    Google Ads API Forum Advisor

    Feb 28, 2022, 4:01:44 AM2/28/22
    to quaglie...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

    Hello Rita,

    Thank you for reaching out to us.

    As previously mentioned by my colleague (Peter), starting API version 10, you can now retrieve the following details below:

    Let us know if you have further questions/concerns related to the Google Ads API.

    Regards,

    Google Logo
    Mark Kevin
    Google Ads API Team

    ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UCZyNO:ref

    Yang Qi

    Apr 16, 2022, 10:26:18 AM4/16/22
    to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
    May I know the data refresh policy? Our account is cancel 12 hours again but we still can download the account with status equals to ENABLED.

    Google Ads API Forum Advisor

    Apr 18, 2022, 3:09:01 AM4/18/22
    to adwor...@googlegroups.com
    Hi,

    Could you elaborate on what you meant by data refresh policy? In addition, regarding your cancelled account, could you confirm if what you also meant is that you are still able to retrieve data?

    Also, so our team can take a closer look, could you share your complete request and response logs (with the request-id, and login-customer-id used) generated by your API report requests? You may then send the requested information via the Reply privately to author option. If this option is not available, you may send the details directly to our googleadsa...@google.com alias instead.

    Best regards,

    Google Logo
    Peter Laurence
    Google Ads API Team

    ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UCZyNO:ref

    Miguel Angel Garcia

    Aug 11, 2023, 8:37:51 AM8/11/23
    to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
    In my API query, I'm using the filter:

    WHERE customer_client.status = 'ENABLED'

    But I still get:

    authorization_error: CUSTOMER_NOT_ENABLED
    message: "The customer account can\'t be accessed because it is not yet enabled or has been deactivated."

    Is that the correct filter? Or do I have to use it somewhere else?

    I'm using list_accessible_customers() to get all the account IDs in the logged-in user's account (not adding them manually).

    My code works OK for users with only enabled accounts

    Google Ads API Forum Advisor

    Aug 11, 2023, 11:55:54 AM8/11/23
    to delval...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

    Hi Miguel,

    Thank you for reaching out to Google Ads API Forum.

    It appears that you are getting an error when using the filter for customer_client.status field. With this, could you share with us the complete API logs (request and response with request-id and request headergenerated on your end showing this error? This is so we could further investigate and provide more appropriate guidance.

    If you haven't enabled the logging yet, logging can be enabled by navigating to the Client libraries > Your client library (ex. Java) > Logging documentation, which you can access from this link (https://developers.google.com/google-ads/api/docs/client-libs?hl=en). For REST interface requests, you can enable logging via the curl command by using the -i flag.

    You may then send the requested information privately via the Reply to author option. If this option is not available, you may send the details directly to our googleadsa...@google.com  alias instead.

    Reference Links:

    This message is in relation to case "ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UCZyNO:ref"

    Thanks,

    Google Logo Google Ads API Team

    OU L

    Jan 28, 2024, 4:49:24 AMJan 28
    to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
    Hello,
    Our program currently retrieves cusIDs with level=2.

    圖片5.png
    圖片1.png

    Our program currently retrieves cusIDs with level=2 and, in conjunction with custID and the query below, fetches data. Currently, most of the data can be retrieved.
    圖片3.png

    The program encounters the following error during execution later on. How should I improve my query?
    圖片4.png

    Google Ads API Forum Advisor 在 2023年8月11日 星期五晚上11:55:54 [UTC+8] 的信中寫道:

    Google Ads API Forum Advisor

    Jan 29, 2024, 8:48:36 AMJan 29
    to loubao...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
    Hi,

    Thank you for getting back to us.

    Upon checking the provided logs, it appears that you are encountering a CUSTOMER_NOT_ENABLED error, which states that you are performing API requests to customers that are either inactive or cancelled. You will first need to ensure that the accounts are active. Please refer to the help center article Reactivate a cancelled Google Ads account to get more information on how to reactivate the said accounts.

    This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5001U0CZyNO:ref"

    Thanks,

    Google Logo Google Ads API Team

    OU L

    Jan 30, 2024, 11:58:27 AMJan 30
    to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
    The current code includes a condition for "customer.status," but none of the conditions seem to effectively filter out this issue. Is there a better way to handle this in the code?
    圖片1.png圖片2.png

    Google Ads API Forum Advisor 在 2024年1月29日 星期一晚上9:48:36 [UTC+8] 的信中寫道:

    Google Ads API Forum Advisor

    Jan 30, 2024, 4:53:10 PMJan 30
    to loubao...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
    Hi,

    Thank you for getting back to us.

    To better understand your concerns, could you please provide us with the complete API logs (request and response with request-id and request header) and uncropped UI screenshots to further investigate this issue.

    If you are using a client library and haven't enabled the logging yet, I would request you to enable logging for the specific client library that you are using. You can refer to the guides Java, .Net, PHP, Python, Ruby or Perl to enable logging at your end. For REST interface requests, you can enable logging via the curl command by using the -i flag.

    Shawn Hsiao

    Jan 31, 2024, 1:22:40 AMJan 31
    to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
    Hi,

    I had encountered the same issue, set customer.status = 'ENABLED' solved the issue.

    Chirag eReportz

    Jan 31, 2024, 6:35:41 AMJan 31
    to shawn...@koodata.com.tw, Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
    This is a long standing issue.
    This will occur only when account setup is in progress.

    ---
    You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum" group.
    To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/a42f960e-c36b-497f-8ca1-7b24de8ebf85n%40googlegroups.com.

    Google Ads API Forum Advisor

    Jan 31, 2024, 8:53:15 AMJan 31
    to chirag....@gmail.com, shawn...@koodata.com.tw, adwor...@googlegroups.com
    Hi,

    Thank you for getting back to us.

    I would suggest you to try setting customer.status = 'ENABLED' and make an API call again. To investigate your issue further, could you please provide us with uncropped UI screenshot where account setup shows in progress and the complete API request and response logs with request-id and request header.
    Message has been deleted

    OU L

    Jan 31, 2024, 9:29:44 PMJan 31
    to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
    Still showing error

    "requestId": "xcmBSN6FzjO3Gzre9uO37w"

    圖片3.png圖片4.png

    Google Ads API Forum Advisor 在 2024年1月31日 星期三晚上9:53:15 [UTC+8] 的信中寫道:

    Google Ads API Forum Advisor

    Feb 1, 2024, 2:31:28 AMFeb 1
    to loubao...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
    Hi,

    Thank you for getting back to us.

    Kindly note that you have not shared the customer ID which is being used in your API request. Also, provide the complete API logs (request and response with request-id and request header) as an attachment to better assist you further.

    If you are using a client library and haven't enabled the logging yet, I would request you to enable logging for the specific client library that you are using. You can refer to the guides Java, .Net, PHP, Python, Ruby or Perl to enable logging at your end. For REST interface requests, you can enable logging via the curl command by using the -i flag.

    Kindly note that, going forward if you have any further queries related to the Google Ads API, please open a new forum thread.

    You can send the details via Reply privately to the author option, or direct private reply to this email.

    Google Ads API Forum Advisor

    Feb 1, 2024, 3:33:52 AMFeb 1
    to loubao...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
    Hi,

    Thank you for getting back to us.

    Please provide the requested information to assist you further.