Google Ads Reporting Date Ranges Start / End Time (UTC Time Zone?)

Lucas Astorian

Mar 10, 2022, 11:51:44 AM3/10/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Dear Google Ads Support,

For our platform, we're planning to run daily queries to load impressions, clicks, conversions for each keyword for the last 24 hours.

However, from the documentation, it's not clear when the TODAY and YESTERDAY date ranges start and end (what timezone?). Does TODAY start at midnight UTC and end at the current time? Or is it a rolling query of the past 24 hours?

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Lucas

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Mar 10, 2022, 10:45:38 PM3/10/22
to lu...@leadreel.nyc, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lucas,

Thank you for your question.

You can refer to our data freshness guide for more information on what timelines are being followed and when data can be made available, in the Google Ads (UI and API) reporting.

Best regards,

Google Logo
Peter Laurence
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2XnL9i:ref

Edchel Stephen Nini

Jul 5, 2024, 4:44:29 AM (yesterday) Jul 5
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hi,

I have the same important question.

Consider this query:
          SELECT
            ad_group_criterion.criterion_id,
            ad_group_criterion.keyword.text,
            ad_group_criterion.keyword.match_type,
            ad_group_criterion.status,
            metrics.clicks,
            metrics.impressions,
            metrics.average_cost,
            metrics.cost_micros,
            metrics.average_cpm,
            metrics.average_cpc,
            metrics.ctr
        FROM keyword_view
        WHERE
            segments.date DURING TODAY
            AND ad_group_criterion.status = 'ENABLED'

Will the stream response use the timezone of the account or from Google Server itself?
What timezone does the grouping of metrics use if we use segment.date DURING TODAY?

1. Is it the account's timezone?

Or

2. Does the timezone come from Google API Server itself?
If so, what is the timezone the Google API Server is using when you return segmented data with dates?

Please answer this important question because we need to know this detail so we can have accurate reporting to our customers.

Thank you in advanced!
Ed,

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Jul 5, 2024, 9:47:42 AM (yesterday) Jul 5
to e...@pruuv.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to the Google Ads API support team.

Kindly note that for segment.date DURING TODAY, the timezone used for grouping metrics is the account's timezone. In general all the reports that are pulled from an account will be based on the account's time zone. You can only set date ranges for the reports to get data at a specific time.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02XnL9i:ref" (ADR-00097073)

Thanks,

Google Logo Google Ads API Team

Register for the upcoming workshop: Performance Max and the Google Ads API!