Budget simulation

Cristian

Sep 13, 2021, 6:44:01 AM9/13/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,
I want to retrieve budget simulation, but i can't figure out how to do.
I'm already able to retrieve Simulation for campaign with TargetCPA and CPC.

this is my GAQL query:  "SELECT campaign.campaign_budget, campaign_simulation.start_date, campaign_simulation.end_date, campaign_simulation.budget_point_list.points FROM campaign_simulation WHERE campaign_simulation.type = BUDGET AND campaign_simulation.campaign_id = "my-ID""

Am I doing something wrong? (probably)
What are the requisities to retrieve budget simulation?

Doc reference:

PS: Also I need help for other type of bidding. As I already said I'm able only to obtain simulations for TargetCPA Campaigns and ManualCPC campaigns.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 14, 2021, 11:30:54 AM9/14/21
to colombo.c...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Cristian,

Could you send us privately a full request and response log of communication with the API?  The request and response looks like the JSON Mappings in our REST documentation. Our client libraries have loggers with logging instructions, to see these instructions you can click on the client library you use in the sidebar of our client library guide and click on "Logging".

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh Baker
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2NTbK2:ref

Cristian

Sep 20, 2021, 4:17:53 AM9/20/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Sorry for the late answer.

I've tried using a different campaign and it worked!

Now my question is, when is/isn't possible to do a budget simulation? Because some campaigns get me an empty response and some campaigns work fine.

Thanks.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 20, 2021, 10:37:26 PM9/20/21
to colombo.c...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Cristian,

Thank you for the reply. I work with Aryeh and let me provide support to your concern.

To the check the reasons why some of the bid simulator is working and not working on some campaigns, could you provide the complete request and response logs with request ID generated on your end for working and not working API request?

You can provide it via Reply privately to author option. If this option is not available, then send it instead on this email address googleadsa...@google.com.

Regards,
Google Logo
Ernie John Blanca Tacata
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2NTbK2:ref

Cristian

Sep 24, 2021, 5:59:07 AM9/24/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
When I get an empty response (this is what I mean as an empty response ->  {{}} ), I don't have any log

I get logs only when the API request get me a response.

Probably I get an empty response, because the campaign uses a shared budget (?)

Thanks, I'll wait for news.
Cristian

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 27, 2021, 3:01:38 AM9/27/21
to colombo.c...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Cristian,

This is Yasar and I work with Ernie. Let me assist you with this.

Have you tried to enable logging mentioned in this document by navigating to the Client libraries > Your client library (ex. Java) > Logging documentation?

If so, you may then send the complete request and response logs with the request ID where it is not working on said campaigns in order to investigate further via the Reply privately to author option. If this option is not available, you may send the details directly to our googleadsa...@google.com alias instead.

Regards,

Google Logo
Yasar
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2NTbK2:ref

Cristian

Sep 28, 2021, 3:43:24 AM9/28/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Yasar,
maybe I haven't been clear explaining, but I' ve tried logging with your examples, and it works! But with some queries it doesn't log anything.

Like I said when I try to retrieve budget simulation, in some campaigns, it works and in some others I get only an EMPTY response (without errors), and it doesn't logs anything!.

So, my question is: when can I retrieve budget simulation? When campaign doesn't share a budget?

I'm using .NET library.

Regards,
Cristian.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 28, 2021, 10:13:09 PM9/28/21
to colombo.c...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Cristian,

Thank you for providing more details to your concern.

I am afraid that our team could not investigate the issue that you've experienced without the logs. With this, could you atleast describe the parameters that you've set in the API request or the code that you've used leading to empty response. You may also, provide the customer Ids you've set in the login-customer-id and customer_id fields.