API requests timing out

Grace Angel

Sep 27, 2022, 11:36:45 PM9/27/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hello,

This morning, we are experiencing critical delays with Google Ads API calls, they are either timing out (the API calls usually take less than 1 minute, but the requests are taking a ver long time to come through or is just stuck) or we get the following error:

Response ------- Headers: { "content-disposition": "attachment" } Fault: { "created": "@1664320278.854842694", "description": "Error received from peer ipv4:172.217.167.74:443", "file": "src/core/lib/surface/call.cc", "file_line": 966, "grpc_message": "The service is currently unavailable.", "grpc_status": 14 } 09-27 23:11 google.ads.googleads.client WARNING Request made: ClientCustomerId: 4488830665, Host: googleads.googleapis.com, Method: /google.ads.googleads.v10.services.GoogleAdsService/SearchStream, RequestId: None, IsFault: True, FaultMessage: The service is currently unavailable.

 Can you confirm everything is okay on your side ?

Thanks in advance for your attention,

Grace

Robert Heise

Sep 28, 2022, 12:26:55 AM9/28/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hi,

having the same issue. Google Ads API seems to have a severe issue for the search_stream functionality, the fetches not finishing, getting stuck. This blocks report fetches from the Google Ads API to a large extent.

Please provide an ETA when the issue will be fixed on Google side.

Thanks,

Robert

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 28, 2022, 3:06:44 AM9/28/22
to robert...@crealytics.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Thank you for reaching us out. I am Sherwin from Google Ads API support team. I hope that you are doing well today.

Moving forward to your concern. Could you please tell us if you still encounter the same issue? If yes, could you please provide us the complete request and response logs with request ID and request header generated on your end? You can provide it via Reply privately to author option. If this option is not available, then send it instead on this email address googleadsa...@google.com. If you haven't enabled the logging yet, logging can be enabled by navigating to the Client libraries > Your client library (ex. Java) > Logging documentation, which you can access from this link.

Kind regards,
Google Logo
Sherwin Vincent
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2ehPN3:ref

Robert Heise

Sep 28, 2022, 3:18:12 AM9/28/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hi Sherwin,

I think there are enough posts from various developers in multiple threads which are pointing to the same problem: search_stream in Google Ads API not ending the stream properly, leaving the stream open and being killed at some point by some timeout. Please check https://groups.google.com/g/adwords-api/c/Uwqy0BlkNDA and https://groups.google.com/g/adwords-api/c/Gx4QN7ER33s threads as well, they describe the same issue in the Google Ads API and have I think sufficient information to further check the issue on Google side.

As mentioned in other threads linked, it would be great to have an ETA and a status page where this issue can be tracked in a clear way instead of various threads in this forum.

Thanks,

Robert

Tanishq Hooda

Sep 28, 2022, 4:31:04 AM9/28/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Even we are facing the same issue. I have shared the error log using reply to the author on this thread. It will be helpful if we get some update on this and ETA for resolution.

Thanks & Regards,
Tanishq

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 28, 2022, 10:39:24 AM9/28/22
to tanis...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Thank you for the reply.

Allow me to raise this issue to my team for further checking. Rest assured that we will provide updates when become available.

Best regards,
Google Logo
Heidi
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2ehPN3:ref

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 28, 2022, 1:14:33 PM9/28/22
to adwor...@googlegroups.com, tanis...@gmail.com
Hello All,

Thanks for the feedback on this. I don't currently have an ETA on it, but it's our top priority right now with our top people working on the issue.

Regards,
Google Logo
Nadine Wang
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2ehPN3:ref

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 28, 2022, 2:01:52 PM9/28/22
to adwor...@googlegroups.com, tanis...@gmail.com
Greetings,

The dashboard has been updated with the API issue: https://ads.google.com/status/publisher/incidents/TzP81sKq9EBjuSGURXSq Thanks again for providing that feedback.

serghei....@gmail.com

Sep 28, 2022, 2:42:40 PM9/28/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Looks like the main issue is that the stream will not get closed after fetching all the rows, and this happens mainly on bigger reports. The full result is actually arriving fine, but after the last received row, the loop will just hang.
We've tried to split the requested 3 months period for the report in smaller chunks of 7 days each, and no hanging happened. Hopefully this "ugly workaround" will help someone in the mean time

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 28, 2022, 2:46:50 PM9/28/22
to serghei....@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello Serghei,

Thanks for providing that information. Some people have either moved to paging or retrieving smaller reports as a workaround.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 28, 2022, 5:27:00 PM9/28/22
to serghei....@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello Google Ads API Community!

We were able to make some changes. It looks like the requests are returning to normal. We'll continue to monitor the situation. Please reach out on this thread if you continue to see this issue.

Thanks,