Account deleted error "400 Bad Request"

Lukas

Nov 16, 2021, 11:26:48 AM11/16/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello, I'm having a trouble while connecting to particular accounts. While making a request to get metrics information I receive this error message:  Client error: `POST https://www.googleapis.com/oauth2/v4/token` resulted in a `400 Bad Request` response: { "error": "invalid_grant", "error_description": "Account has been deleted" } " , however both user with authentication token works fine with other accounts (both directly and through MCC ) and the account is up and running with active ads and spend. I've double checked the authentication and updated the auth token again,  but nothing works. Thank you for your help

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Nov 16, 2021, 1:51:34 PM11/16/21
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Thank you for raising your concern. I understand that you’ve encountered the error, 'invalid_grant'.

Can you please try regenerating your OAuth2 credentials along with the refresh token and see if this behavior persists?

Please let us know if you continue to see this issue.

Reminder: Share your feedback about the Google Ads (AdWords) API! Take the 2021 Google Ads API and AdWords API Annual Survey

Best regards,
Google Logo
Jakeia Sabrina
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2R9WS5:ref

Lukas

Nov 26, 2021, 4:24:28 AM11/26/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello, thank you for your answer, however I tried regenerating OAuth2 credentials and refresh token as well, but this behavior persists. What I can do next to try to debug it or solve it  ?

Regards

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Nov 28, 2021, 9:50:33 PM11/28/21
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lukas,

Could you confirm if you indeed have an existing cloud project? If not, I recommend that you create one (see create project) so you may then create a new set of credentials that you can use for authenticating your API requests.

Also, when you tried regenerating your OAuth2 credentials and then the refresh token, could you confirm if you were logged in as the same Google Ads user (email address)? I asked because these credentials should be generated as the same user in order to avoid various authentication issues.

If the issue persists, could you provide the complete request and response logs, with the request-id, along with the user / email address you used when generating these authentication credentials?

For the requested details, you may send them over to our team via the Reply privately to author option. If this option is not available, you may send the details directly to our googleadsa...@google.com alias instead.

Best regards,

Reminder: Share your feedback about the Google Ads (AdWords) API! Take the 2021 Google Ads API and AdWords API Annual Survey

Google Logo
Peter Laurence Napa Oliquino
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2R9WS5:ref

Lukas Aranauskas

Jan 9, 2022, 4:16:24 AM1/9/22
to ads...@forumsupport.google, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

sorry for the late reply, I've managed to find the source of the problem, and it was on my end. Thank you very much for the help.

Regards.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/buCYX000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000R3BBVW00GdjZq3GhRqqUwwrUTiwkQQ%40sfdc.net.