Missing data in AdGroups Performance Report

Mounir Hamoudi

Apr 23, 2020, 6:21:24 AM4/23/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello,

We are using the Adwords API to download performance reporting data (ADGROUP_PERFORMANCE_REPORT) and we have noticed some discrepancies between the Google Ads UI and the downloaded CSV file: there are fewer campaigns in the CSV file.
There are no filters applied to the API query, we tried to add these predicates to the query: AdGroupStatus IN [‘ENABLED’, ‘PAUSED’, ‘REMOVED’] and CampaignStatus IN [‘ENABLED’, ‘PAUSED’, ‘REMOVED’], but we weren’t able to get the missing data.

The only common point between the missing campaigns is that they are of the same “Application” type.

Can anyone help us to understand why? How can we address this behavior?

Thanks in advance!

Some additional information:

Our Client Customer ID: 998-342-7323
Nb of missing campaigns: 11 (example: campaign name = ******.tv-UAC-iOS-Auto, Ad group= Ad group 1)
Report definition query:

ADGROUP_PERFORMANCE_REPORT = {

'reportName': 'Last Day AdGroup Performance Report',

'dateRangeType': 'CUSTOM_DATE',

'reportType': 'ADGROUP_PERFORMANCE_REPORT',

'downloadFormat': 'CSV',

'selector': {

'dateRange': {

'min': '{{ds_nodash}}',

'max': '{{ds_nodash}}'

},

'fields': [

'Date', 'AdGroupName', 'AdGroupType', 'AdGroupStatus', 'CampaignName', 'CampaignId',

'CampaignStatus', 'Clicks', 'Impressions', 'Ctr', 'AverageCpc', 'Cost', 'Conversions',

'ViewThroughConversions', 'CostPerConversion', 'ConversionRate'

]
    }
}

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Apr 23, 2020, 1:04:42 PM4/23/20
to mounir.ha...@francetv.fr, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Mounir,

Thanks for reaching out. With regards to your concern about missing data in Ad Group Performance Report, Looking at your account i see that all of your missing campaigns are App Campaigns. Unfortunately, Ad Group Performance Report doesn't support the app campaign type. Please make sure you are using one of the supported reports for app campaigns listed here.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Nirmita Patel Google Ads Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UaS38J:ref

Mounir Hamoudi

Apr 23, 2020, 2:28:17 PM4/23/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Nirmita,

Thank you so much for the quick reply! It looks like we missed this detail from the documentation.

According to your link, we ended up by changing to Campaign Performance report. However, we are no longer able to get the AdGroup name  from this report.
The only available field is CampaignGroupId.

How can we get this information? Can we download the AdGroups referential with another query and then join with the Campaign Performance Report on the ID column to get the group name?

Thank you again for your help.

Mounir

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Apr 23, 2020, 4:49:56 PM4/23/20
to mounir.ha...@francetv.fr, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Mounir,

Thanks for reaching out. With regards to your concern about get AdGroup name information, you can get the ad group names for app campaign using the AdGroupservice.get() via  name field. Please refer to the code example here for .

For your second question, Currently it is not possible to join a query in the report. I would recommend keeping an eye on our Developer Blog for information on future releases.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted