Difference between UI reports and reporting API results

Ilya Bolshakov

Aug 12, 2021, 6:15:12 PMAug 12
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

I have a few cases when the reporting api result is different from the ui report

can I share these cases with someone from the api team to ivestigate them?)

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Aug 13, 2021, 3:17:37 AMAug 13
to jioji...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hello Ilya,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Could you further elaborate on the discrepancies regarding the API result vs the UI report? Could you share to us the following details below so we can further check?

Please send the requested details via the Reply privately to author option. If this option is not available, you may send the details directly to our googleadsa...@google.com alias instead.

Regards,

Google Logo
Mark Kevin Albios
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2Lmr5x:ref

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Aug 25, 2021, 2:49:38 PMAug 25
to jioji...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ilya,

I work with Mark and will assist you. Thank you for sending your reports and UI snapshots in private.

Regarding the Ads API report, you had filtered out where metrics.impressions > 0, there is a click attributed to to a keyword that didn't record any impressions for it, this explains totally the discrepancy. If the UI report doesn't make sense then you can receive help from product support as the Ads API can only mimic the current UI.

Regarding the AdWords report, the AdWords API attributes that impression to the userlist while the UI doesn't. This may or may not be working as intended. Let me bring this discrepancy up with my team. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh Baker
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2Lmr5x:ref

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 14, 2021, 11:01:28 AMSep 14
to jioji...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ilya,

display_keyword_view matches Display/Video Keywords in the UI (KeywordId=3000000). A criteria ID of 3000004 was used for a feature that has since been removed from Google Ads. KeywordId=3000006 data is no longer made available through Google Ads API, so you wouldn't find it on display_keyword_view report.

Regarding the "OR" capability and the clicks with no attribution, support channel would be product support. If the UI offers something the API doesn't you can request from us to update the API.

Ilya Bolshakov

Sep 15, 2021, 5:31:29 AMSep 15
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Aryeh,

I understand all about 'or', thx

Could you please tell me more about these criteria ids

You say 3000000 must match display_keyword_view but I see it doesn't. In my case I have an ad group with only display keywords as targeting and AdWords API returns to me metrics for 3000000 id that is less and not equal neither display_keyword_view nor Google Ads UI.

What does it mean that 3000004 was used for a feature that has since been removed from Google Ads? I see statistics for this criteria today for live campaigns both from the AdWords API and in the Google Analytics reports.

Regarding 3000006, I see that I can't fetch out it from Google Ads API but the problem is that with auto-tagging exactly this id is in "Google Ads Criteria ID" in Google Analytics reports. As the result, I have a google analytics data with this id only and I can't find same data for matching from Google Ads,  neither from API nor UI. Is there other way to match google analytics and google ads date is this case?

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 16, 2021, 6:41:16 AMSep 16
to jioji...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ilya,

Thanks for the reply. I work with Aryeh and let me provide support to your concern.

"You say 3000000 must match display_keyword_view but I see it doesn't. In my case I have an ad group with only display keywords as targeting and AdWords API returns to me metrics for 3000000 id that is less and not equal neither display_keyword_view nor Google Ads UI."
-Could you provide sample comparison of the UI and report where we can see the discrepancies? Please provide also the report definition that you've used in the report.

"What does it mean that 3000004 was used for a feature that has since been removed from Google Ads? I see statistics for this criteria today for live campaigns both from the AdWords API and in the Google Analytics reports."
-If you have questions with this ID and where it used before, I would suggest to reach out to the Google Ads product team via this link as they are more equipped to provide insights on this topic. As for how the 3000004 Id used in Google Analytics report, you may raise it to the Google Analytics team instead via this link.

"Regarding 3000006, I see that I can't fetch out it from Google Ads API but the problem is that with auto-tagging exactly this id is in "Google Ads Criteria ID" in Google Analytics reports. As the result, I have a google analytics data with this id only and I can't find same data for matching from Google Ads,  neither from API nor UI. Is there other way to match google analytics and google ads date is this case?"
-So that I can discuss to my team why the Google Ads API can't fetch out the 3000006, would you be able to provide sample keywords on your end associated with aggressive auto-targeting and not being returned. Also, please provide the complete request and response logs with request ID generated on your end for the report that did not return this special criteria ID?

As for this question "Is there other way to match google analytics and google ads date is this case?", this topic is outside of our scope also. With this, you may reach out to the Google Ads product team or analytics team via the links that I provided on #2 as they are more equipped to provide support to this topic.

Regards,
Google Logo
Ernie John Blanca Tacata