Payment Failed Status

Pradeep Datla

Feb 13, 2020, 3:35:02 PM2/13/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,

I would like to send email to user if Payment/ credit card failed or Account is out of funds, How can i achieve this? I am using adwords api. If adwords api does not have it, does the new ads api have it?

Please let me know,

Thank  You,
Pradeep Datla.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Feb 13, 2020, 7:00:02 PM2/13/20
to p.d...@mopro.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks for reaching out. It  is currently not supported to send email to the user if Payment/ Credit Card failed or Account is out of funds in the APIs. I have submitted the feature request to support this functionality in the APIs.  Please keep an eye on our blog for new announcements and updates on new releases.

Thanks and regards,
Xiaoming, Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5001UV0lJT:ref

Pradeep Datla

Feb 17, 2020, 12:28:50 PM2/17/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Xiaoming,

We want to know if the payment or credit card failed so that we can send email to customer from our end. We dont want to trigger email throught api. we want to know the billing status of the account.

Thank You,
Pradeep Datla.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Feb 18, 2020, 12:41:46 PM2/18/20
to p.d...@mopro.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Pradeep,

You could consider using the AccountBudgetProposalService to set up account budgets to control what an account can spend over a specific period of time by defining budget properties like spend limit, start time, and end time. They must point to one of the account's billing setups, to indicate which specific Payments account will be billed. You could refer to this guide on how to set up the account budgets. However, it is not possible to retrieve the billing status of the account or if payment or credit card failed via API. I have added a comment to the submitted feature request to the team with your updates and please keep an eye on our developer blog to monitor the updates on the releases.