Identity Verification API Access and Quota Limits

Avery A

May 24, 2024, 2:40:13 AMMay 24
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hello all,

We have several thousand accounts active under our top-level manager account at any given time, and we need to check which accounts need verification so we can show those in our private agency dashboard where we handle most of our ad performance metrics.

With the new API IdentityVerificationService, it's relatively easy to get this data, but it only seems to only come in the form of get requests, which make us hit our daily quota for get requests when we try it on every account we have active. Is there a way to get the identity verification statuses from each account using Search Stream or Search requests to avoid hitting the Get request quota each time we check the accounts requiring verification? Obviously we'll be storing the data in our database so we won't have to request this more than once per day at the most.

For clarification, we have standard access, so we're not significantly limited on anything but get requests.

Thanks,
Avery
Developer at Be Level Media, Inc.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

May 24, 2024, 7:56:14 AMMay 24
to webm...@belevelmedia.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Avery,

Thank you for reaching out to the Google Ads API support team.

As per the information provided, I understand that you are looking for guidance to find if there is a way to get the identity verification statuses from each account using Search Stream or Search requests. Kindly note that the only way to retrieve the status of the advertiser identity verification process for a customer account, is to call the GetIdentityVerification method. I would recommend you to refer to the "Retrieve verification status" guide for more information. Also, I would suggest you to refer to the "API Limits and Quotas" documentation to check the API limits and Quotas for additional information.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tJ5Bt:ref" (ADR-00236357)

Thanks,

Google Logo Google Ads API Team

Avery A

May 29, 2024, 4:53:13 AMMay 29
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Thank you, that helps a lot. I guess I can simply make it more efficient by storing in our DB the accounts that are already verified and skipping those each time we pull, that's more efficient. We might still hit our quota a couple times while we first load the DB with the verified accounts, but that's OK.

Avery