Basic Access request limit - checking daily status

Steve Begin

Feb 12, 2024, 4:50:49 PMFeb 12
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hello,

While set up on Basic Access (per this link) is there a way to track how many operations and requests have been executed for our daily period, and when that daily period resets (other thank keeping count on our side which our code is being configured to do)? Also, may you please confirm that it is indeed impossible to exceed the limit (and so this already prevents any potential non-compliance fines)?

I do see that the response back of too many requests after exceeding 15000 tells us how many seconds until we may to try again. However, if possible, it would be good to be able to check that proactively before making a request (especially in the event we can thereby learn our count may not be correct). It would also be good to know better how the time of reset works. One day it was about 1pm our time, and another day it was about 5:30pm; I am not sure why it differs.

Thank you for your help and guidance.

Steve Begin

Feb 12, 2024, 4:51:45 PMFeb 12
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
[other *than*]

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Feb 13, 2024, 3:47:32 AMFeb 13
to steveb...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for contacting the Google Ads API support team.

By reviewing your concern, I understand that you are trying to get the number of operations and requests which are executed on a daily basis. Kindly note that it's not possible to get the exact number number of API requests we’ve made over the period of time. But, based on the access level of your developer we can know the number of API requests possible per day. I would recommend you refer to these API Limits and QuotasAccess Levels and Permissible Use guides to know more information about how to reset the API limit.

If you are trying to make more than 15,000 operations / day, I would suggest you apply for unlimited Google Ads API operations, by filling out the standard access application form.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02rz39p:ref"

Thanks,

Google Logo Google Ads API Team

Steve Begin

Feb 13, 2024, 8:08:14 AMFeb 13
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Can we know when the daily limit is going to reset each day, and what factors determine that since it seemed to differ from one day to another?

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Feb 13, 2024, 2:17:10 PMFeb 13
to steveb...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us.

Kindly note that "Per day" is based on a sliding 24 hour time period in which API requests were made with your developer token. Your application will receive an error if it exceeds the request limit for your access level within the last 24 hours. Also, daily limits for the Google Ads API don't reset at precisely the same time every day. It's not an exact time and can vary by a few hours within the 24-hour. I hope this clarifies.

Steve Begin

Jun 28, 2024, 12:38:58 PM (4 days ago) Jun 28
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
I am sorry. I see you have already answered my latest question in your previous reply. Thank you! Please disregard the latest question from today.

On Fri, Jun 28, 2024 at 10:55 AM Steve Begin <steveb...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello, thank you! May you please let me know: are there ways to determine how many of our daily 15000 calls have been exhausted, other than keep track of each call ourselves? Thank you again for your help.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/c7eeec0c-13d4-4081-8f34-01853dff3f57n%40googlegroups.com.