"Not managed" Remarking Lists Status

Michael Buetow

Feb 15, 2016, 4:16:51 PM2/15/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

I've been investigating an issue around the removal of CriterionUserLists from an Ad Group. Specifically after attempting to remove them it appeared that not all of them were removed.

The Scenario is as follows.

  • We attempted to remove a vast quantity of CriterionUserLists from Ad Groups.
  • We then noted in AdWords Campaign Management that some of the CriterionUserLists were still displayed in the Audience Tab as Enabled within various Ad Groups.
  • Upon further investigation we found in the Change History via the API we had requested the deletion of ALL of the CriterionUserLists from these Ad Groups.
  • Looking in the Audience Tab we found that the CriterionUserLists  lists that we expected to be removed all had a status of "Not managed"
  • Attempting to request all ENABLED, PAUSED, and REMOVED audiences via the Criteria Performance Report did not return any of the CriterionUserLists that had a Status of "Not managed"
  • Attempting to remove the "Not managed" Audiences through the AdWords Campaign Management yielded this message "Your change was not applicable to any of the selected rows."

We're trying to determine if this behavior of deleting a CriterionUserList causes it to change status to "Not managed" is expected, and whether we should not expect to be able to retrieve CriterionUserLists with status's of "Not managed"

Any additional info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael

Umesh Dengale

Feb 16, 2016, 3:47:51 PM2/16/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Michael,

Could you please provide me privately the CriterionUserListId and the ad group id? Just click Reply privately to author in the forum when responding.

Regards,
Umesh, AdWords API Team.