How to use the {loc_physical_ms} ValueTrack?

Heinrich Held

Feb 22, 2018, 7:02:40 AM2/22/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

I want to pass on the user's location to my landing pages with the {loc_physical_ms} parameter.

But I am not sure how to place the tag into my URL.

I tried:

...but it doesn't seem to work.

Also, what exactly is passed on with {loc_physical_ms}? I am assuming its the "Criteria ID" (like on this list https://fusiontables.google.com/DataSource?docid=1IYYsfUXLaXOXUk8mG0thJC3se1Y3gdl1bFiP3ONp#rows:id=1) and not the actual name of the city.

Thanks in advance!

Dhanya Sundararaju (AdWords API Team)

Feb 22, 2018, 3:32:47 PM2/22/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Could you try the below:
www.example.com/new{lpurl}?location={loc_physical_ms}

Where {loc_physical_ms} is the ID of the geographical location of the click. Please refer guide for better clarity. If you still have issues, since this is a product specific question, could you please post it in the advertiser community forum as the product experts there will be better equipped to answer your question.

Regards,
Dhanya, AdWords API Team