GEO_PERFORMANCE_REPORT is not matching against User Locations Report

Angel Jaime

May 13, 2020, 9:59:23 PM5/13/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum

Hi there,

I am working with the GEO_PERFORMANCE_REPORT in order to fetch data related to the account locations. More specifically, the report I am working with is the User Locations Report, which can be found directly on the AdWords UI.

But I found out that there are some notorious differences for the data obtained via the AdWords API and the data shown via the AdWords UI, and the issues happen specifically with the aforementioned report, but also with the “Geographic Report”. I have applied the corresponding filters for the query, just as it's stated on the official documentation (1 and 2), but even with that, the data differs a lot between both sources.

The query I am constructing ends up being the following one:

Google\AdsApi\AdWords\Query\v201809\ReportQuery {#7426
  -awqlString: "SELECT CampaignId, LocationType, Clicks, Impressions, CityCriteriaId, MostSpecificCriteriaId, CountryCriteriaId FROM GEO_PERFORMANCE_REPORT WHERE LocationType = 'LOCATION_OF_PRESENCE' AND IsTargetingLocation IN ['TRUE', 'FALSE'] DURING 20200401,20200430"
}

And the results I am getting (after sorting them by the Clicks metric) are the following: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6xpme91ig6wu1oy/Screenshot%202020-05-13%2018.18.43.png?dl=0. But on the AdWords UI I get the following: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cgtyglbs87lkb1p/Screenshot%202020-05-13%2018.20.20.png?dl=0.

I can see that there are similar issues open here at the AdWords forum (1 and 2), but none of them seem fully solved.

Finally, based in the https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/appendix/geotargeting documentation and in some other tests I did by using the MostSpecificCriteriaId, I have the theory that this could be an issue with the zipcodes mapping on the API.

Do you know what is the reason of the discrepancy for the click counts (and also for the impression counts) between both sources of these report?. Help will be appreciated.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

May 14, 2020, 12:46:51 PM5/14/20
to angel...@justia.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Angel,

Thank you for reaching out! In order for me to further investigate why these discrepancies are occurring, can you please provide your CID and the complete detailed logs of the request and the response from the API? When providing this information, ensure you "Reply privately to author."

Regards,
Danica, Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q1zpGq4:ref