Unable to Retrieve Campaign Labels Created by MCC Account

Abdelaziz Drissi Boutaybi

May 27, 2024, 5:04:41 PMMay 27
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum

I am facing an issue while trying to retrieve Google Ads campaigns and their associated labels using the Google Ads API. The labels are created by the MCC (manager account), but I cannot see them when querying the campaigns for a customer account.

Details:

  • Setup:
  • Labels are created and assigned to campaigns by the MCC account.
  • Campaigns belong to a normal customer account.
  • The customer ID of the normal account is {account-customer-d}, and the MCC account ID is {customer-d}.
  • API Query:
  • I am using the following query to fetch campaigns and their labels:
  • GAQL
  • SELECT campaign.id, campaign.name, campaign.labels FROM campaign
  • However, this query does not return the labels that are created by the MCC account.
  • Example Query:
  • sh
  • curl --location --request POST ’https://googleads.googleapis.com/v16/customers/{account-customer-d}/googleAds:searchStream' \ --header ‘developer-token: REDACTED’ \ --header ‘login-customer-id: {mcc-customer-d}’ \ --header ‘x-goog-api-client: gl-java/1.8.0_371__Oracle-Corporation gccl/30.0.0 gapic/30.0.0 gax/2.43.0 grpc/1.62.2’ \ --header ‘Content-Type: application/json’ \ --data-raw ‘{ “customer_id”: “{account-customer-d}“, “query”: “SELECT campaign.id, campaign.name, campaign.labels FROM campaign” }’
  • Issue:
  • The query does not return any labels for the campaigns, even though the labels are visible and associated with the campaigns in the Google Ads UI.

Question:

How can I properly retrieve the labels for campaigns when the labels are created by the MCC account? Is there a specific approach or workaround to handle this scenario using the Google Ads API?

Any help or guidance on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

May 27, 2024, 6:30:34 PMMay 27
to abde...@userguest.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to the Google Ads API support team.

Since you are using the Google Ads API to pull the campaign labels, to replicate the issue from our side, kindly provide us the uncropped UI screenshot with clear visibility of the customer- ID (CID) of your Google Ads account where those campaign labels are visible.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tJ6PM:ref" (ADR-00236709)

Thanks,

Google Logo Google Ads API Team

Abdelaziz Drissi Boutaybi

May 31, 2024, 6:48:09 AMMay 31
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum

I hope this message finds you well.

I wanted to follow up regarding the information I previously shared privately about this issue. Could you please provide an update or any feedback at your earliest convenience?

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your response.

Best regards,

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

May 31, 2024, 10:55:31 AMMay 31
to abde...@userguest.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

It appears as though the only way to retrieve these manager-owned labels is to query for them with the login_customer_id header set to the ID of the owning manager (the owner account ID is 900-734-0050), and pass the client account ID as the customer_id. If you wanted to retrieve labels by supplying just the ID of the client account, the client account would need to own the label.