Google AdWords Test account

ms...@saxobank.com

May 19, 2017, 9:23:08 AM5/19/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

I've been trying to set up a test account to start developing a client application for the AdWords API (while I wait for my production token to be approved).

I followed this guide https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/first-api-call#create_test_accounts, which brought me here https://adwords.google.com/um/Welcome/Home?a=1&sf=mt&authuser=0#ta where i can create my test account. This, I did (but with some trouble as I couldn't use my company address or private, which is already associated to another account).

However, when i open up the supposed tst account, it does not appear with the red "This is a test account!" label (also mentioned in the guide linked to above). I also cannot access the account using my developer token, it returns an error "QuotaCheckError.DEVELOPER_TOKEN_NOT_APPROVED" which again suggests to me that I didn't in fact create a test account.

How do I go about converting this account to a proper test account?

Br,
Martin

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

May 19, 2017, 1:56:24 PM5/19/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Martin,

From your description, it looks like a production AdWords account was created instead of a test account. You are referring to the correct URL and it should ideally have created a test account. Could you try the below steps and see if you are able to proceed?

1. Open the browser in incognito mode.
2. Access the URL : https://adwords.google.com/um/Welcome/Home?a=1&sf=mt&authuser=0#ta.
3. Enter the details and make sure you are not using an email which is already associated with an AdWords account. Click 'create test account'.

After this, you should be asked to login to the account corresponding to the email. Once you login, an AdWords test account should be created and you should be re-directed to the test account. As you are aware, you should see the red banner which says it is a test account displayed in the account. If you are still having trouble creating a test account, please write back mentioning which region/locale you are in and the email Id that you used while creating the test account.

You could use Reply privately to author option while responding.

Thanks,
Sreelakshmi, AdWords API Team

Antti Lehtimäki

Jun 22, 2018, 2:37:08 AM6/22/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Sreelakshmi!

I'm having exactly the same problem. Tried your instructions and created another account but I'm still not seeing the "This is a test account!" button anywhere. Any other tips? Have now wasted two Google accounts on testing this.

Regards,
Antti

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Jun 22, 2018, 2:09:50 PM6/22/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Antti,

Are you checking for the red banner in the new AdWords view? If so, could you switch back to the old UI view and check if you are able to see the red banner as specified here? If you are having trouble confirming this, please share your client customer Id and I will be able to verify that for you. You could reply privately to author while sharing the details.