Errors when trying to create Proximity criterion - Unmarshalling Error: cvc-elt.4.2: Cannot resolve 'Proximity' to a type definition for element 'criterion'.

Akil

Jan 23, 2018, 11:54:41 AM1/23/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

My application is consistently receiving internal errors when I try to create Proximity criterion. The error message is:

Unmarshalling Error: cvc-elt.4.2: Cannot resolve 'Proximity' to a type definition for element 'criterion'.

I've attached SOAP request/response logs to this post. @API Team - is there something wrong with my request? When will this issue be resolved?

Many thanks,

Akil
soap_request.xml
soap_response.xml

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Jan 23, 2018, 5:15:28 PM1/23/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Akil,

It looks like you are trying to set the Proximity criterion on an AdGroup. You can only add the proximity as a criterion on the Campaign. Please check the criteria usage sheet to see the criteria supported at each levels. You can use the CampaignCriterionService.mutate() and add the proximity on the campaign. Please check this guide for more details and code snippets. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,
Sreelakshmi, AdWords API Team