Revoke refresh token through api

SUBIN P VASU

Sep 29, 2022, 3:57:39 AM9/29/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hi,
Is it possible to revoke the permission using api to regenerate the refresh token?
Is there any way?

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 29, 2022, 1:05:46 PM9/29/22
to subin...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to the Google Ads API Forum.

It is possible to manage the user access via Google Ads API. You can also audit users who have access to your account, modify their access levels, and remove user accounts. For more information, you may refer to this guide. If the user / email address is removed through the API, then the user's credentials and refresh token will also become invalid for that account.

Also, you may refer here on how grant or remove access to your Google Ads Account. A refresh token might stop working for one of these reasons:

  • The user has revoked your app's access.
  • The refresh token has not been used for six months.
  • The user changed passwords and the refresh token contains Gmail scopes.
  • The user account has exceeded a maximum number of granted (live) refresh tokens.
  • The user belongs to a Google Cloud Platform organization that has session control policies in effect.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Regards,

Google Logo
Yasar
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2eufbV:ref

SUBIN P VASU

Sep 30, 2022, 1:18:25 PM9/30/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hi,
I want the similar effect, that happens when a user removes access from permissions page. https://myaccount.google.com/permissions

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Oct 3, 2022, 6:36:06 AM10/3/22
to subin...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi Subin,

Thanks for getting back to us. I understand that you are looking for the similar effect when a user removes access from the permissions page, then it should expire your existing refresh token as it will be invalidated access. I’ve tried to remove access, and it asked me to regenerate the token. You may try on your end, and let us know if it works on your end as well.

Regards,