[AdWords API] Do AdService and Reports return data for the removed ad?

dudoa...@gmail.com

Oct 16, 2021, 9:10:49 AM10/16/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Dear AdWords API support team,

In this document https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/1722129?hl=en, I see a removed ad status. But I do not know the way to specify which is the removed ad in response data by AdService and Reports?

1. In AdService
   - https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201809/AdService)
   - There is no 'status' field to specify which is the removed ad.

2. In Reports
   - With Ad Performance Report:
   + https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/appendix/reports/ad-performance-report#status
   + I see the 'status' field of ad. But there are only 3 values: ENABLED, PAUSED and DISABLED. There is no 'REMOVED' status value.
   - With other Reports:
   + For example: Adgroup Performance Report, Campaign Performance Report, Geo Performance Report, Keywords Performance Report,...
   + There is no 'status' field of ad.

So, Please help me to clarify that:
- Does AdService return the removed ad list? If yes, how can I specify it?
- Do Reports (such as the above listed Reports) return the report data for the removed ad? If yes, how can I specify it?
- If Reports do not return the report data for the removed ad by default. How can I get it? For example: add a new request parameter or something like this.

I hope to receive your reply soon. Thank you very much!
David.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Oct 18, 2021, 1:10:12 PM10/18/21
to dudoa...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Please note that the AdWords API is deprecated and will be sunset on April 27, 2022. We strongly recommend that you migrate to the Google Ads API as soon as possible.

The New Ads API reports on removed ads using ad_group_ad.status in the ad_group_ad report view.

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh Baker
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2PKAQJ:ref
Message has been deleted

dudoa...@gmail.com

Oct 18, 2021, 9:21:06 PM10/18/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Dear API support team,

I know that AdWords API is deprecated and I should change to use Ads API.

But, I want to make sure that the the response data between 2 API is same.

I checked the ad_group_ad.status in the ad_group_ad report view, and see that the ad status includes the 'REMOVED' value but in Ad Performance Report of AdWords API does not.

So, can I understand that AdWords API does not return data related to the 'REMOVED' ad?  Only Ads API supports to fetch data related to the 'REMOVED' ad.

Thank you very much!
David.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Oct 19, 2021, 3:14:15 PM10/19/21
to dudoa...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi David,

Please note that there are differences between the two APIs, although there is a lot of carryover and overlap. You can out more about this in the Ads API migration guide.

Your observation that the 'removed' status is only supported in the Ads API for ads is correct.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

Regards,
Matt
Google Ads API Team

Google Logo
Matt
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2PKAQJ:ref

Dũ Đoàn

Oct 19, 2021, 9:00:27 PM10/19/21
to Google Ads API Forum Advisor, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much for your confirmation. It helps me a lot.

Best regards.
David.