Offline conversion, timezone format clarification UTC

Luca Fiaschi

Oct 16, 2014, 4:25:16 AM10/16/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I have some offline conversion to upload where the timestamp for the click id is in UTC format.

Unfortunately, I could not find it anywhere in the documentation, hence my question is:

Is it possible to upload UTC as timestamp ?

If it is not possible, could I just change all the time stamps in another format (for example GMT) and upload to the target accounts (even though the account time zone is different from GMT) ? Would this operation create any inconvenience to the user ( in other words, would he get reports all in the same, correct time zone: i.e. the one of the account? )

Thanks !

Michael Cloonan (AdWords API Team)

Oct 16, 2014, 9:22:09 AM10/16/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

When uploading offline conversions, you must always explicitly include what time zone the time is in. See the documentation here. So you should be able to upload the conversions in whatever time zone is most convenient for you, and we'll do the conversion on our end.

Regards,
Mike, AdWords API Team

Luca Fiaschi

Oct 16, 2014, 10:48:46 AM10/16/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, would you confirm that UTC is not a supported time zone information.
I could not find it in the documentation but I am just a bit puzzled since it is a fairly common standard ...

Michael Cloonan (AdWords API Team)

Oct 16, 2014, 11:04:59 AM10/16/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

We have a complete list of all time zones accepted by the API. I am surprised to learn that UTC is not accepted, since it is such a standard. I will see if we can get this added, possibly in a future version of the API. For now, you will have to choose one of the supported time zones.

Regards,
Mike, AdWords API Team

Bfri

Oct 16, 2014, 8:50:41 PM10/16/14