How much money "microAmount" refers to?

spetz

Aug 30, 2012, 11:10:29 AM8/30/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hey there, I am new in that AdWords API network.

Here is an interesting but that simple question, how should we read and understand microAmount value?

Forexample if microAmount is set to "50000000" , how much is it in $ dollars? 5$ or 50$ etc. Does the meaning vary on my local currency (that is not USD) ?

Oliver

Aug 30, 2012, 11:21:31 AM8/30/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
It's the standard micro i.e. divide by 1000,000.

You can set the field:

reportMoneyInMicros

to 'false' if you want to get the result back as 5 instead of 5,000,000

Oliver

Anash P. Oommen

Aug 31, 2012, 3:29:32 AM8/31/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

As Oliver mentioned, 1 micro is 1-millionth of the fundamental currency. If your account is in USD, then 1USD = 1000000 micros.

Cheers,
Anash P. Oommen,
AdWords API Advisor.

Mark Ibanez

Sep 28, 2014, 5:19:50 AM9/28/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
In v201406, the method that has the reportMoneyInMicros parameter has be rendered obsolete. So you'll have to deal with currency amounts in micros.

road11

Sep 28, 2014, 8:39:29 AM9/28/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Just divide any micro amount by 1,000,000. That'll give you local currency.

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Sep 29, 2014, 9:37:04 AM9/29/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Also, see our docs on money amounts in reports for a complete explanation, including examples.

Cheers,
Josh, AdWords API Team