Timezone and click_view reports

John Heathco

Jul 7, 2022, 3:02:59 AM7/7/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hi,

I'm trying to get the GCLIDs for a given day in UTC.  More specifically, I want the period to be 00:00 UTC to 23:59:59 UTC.

Does the API use UTC by default, or will it return results for the account's timezone preference?  If the latter, is there anyway to override this or to get the exact time of a click?

We need to make sure the click took place on a specific day in UTC.

Thanks

John Heathco

Jul 7, 2022, 3:10:21 AM7/7/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Also, if we cannot select a UTC date range, are we able to get the actual time of a given click_view/GCLID result so we know when the click occurred?

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Jul 7, 2022, 5:14:51 AM7/7/22
to jhea...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Kindly note that in general all the reports that are pulled from an account will be based on the account's time zone and not by specifying the time zone in the query. You can only get data using segments.date for the click_view report to get data at a specific date, and it's not possible to get the exact time of a click using click_view report.

Best regards,
Google Logo
Heidi
Google Ads API Team

​​​​​​​

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2cTSrC:ref

John Heathco

Jul 7, 2022, 8:44:21 PM7/7/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Thank you - is this based upon the manager's account?  In this case, I could simply create a manager account with the proper timezone settings?  Or is this based upon the client account's timezone setting, in which case if I wanted to switch timezones I would need to create an entirely new Adwords account and campaigns?

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Jul 8, 2022, 2:57:49 AM7/8/22
to jhea...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hi John,

Thank you for getting back to us. I work with Heidi and allow me to assist you here.

Moving forward, upon checking your concern, I noticed that your concern is about "timezone setting". With this, you may refer to this guide about setting up a timezone. However, I'm afraid that this concern is outside of our scope already. I also recommend that you reach out to the Product Team via this link , as they should be more equipped to provide guidance on setting the timezone on the accounts configuration.

Regards,

Google Logo
Darwin