Exclude Product Group in API

Bruno Javier Gaineddu

May 27, 2020, 2:45:52 PM5/27/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum

Hello, I need to do the following:

To be able to exclude a "Product Group" by api.

From panel I can do it, but I need to do it by Adwords API, is it possible?

Thank you

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

May 27, 2020, 4:23:24 PM5/27/20
to bgai...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bruno,

Thank you for reaching out. You can do this in AdWords API by using the AdGroupCriterionService and adding a NegativeAdGroupCriterion of type ProductPartition.

Regards,
Mitchell
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q1zsN0a:ref

Bruno Javier Gaineddu

May 28, 2020, 7:18:55 AM5/28/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
also applies to smart shopping campaign?

thanks

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

May 28, 2020, 10:13:51 AM5/28/20
to bgai...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bruno,

Yes, it does. Product groups in smart shopping campaigns are just for including or excluding a set of products.

Bruno Javier Gaineddu

Jun 8, 2020, 7:57:56 AM6/8/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello, thanks for the reply, I just saw this ...
It will have an example, for PHP or another language, of how to do this, because I can't find anything on the web ...
Thank you

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Jun 8, 2020, 10:07:18 AM6/8/20
to bgai...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bruno,

Here an example for including a product group for an ad group of a regular shopping campaign. It will be a similar process for a smart shopping campaign but you won't set the bid value.