Monthly Statsfrom adword api are larger then using keyword planner gui

Bogdan Onyshenko

Jul 2, 2020, 10:16:22 AM7/2/20
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum

I am trying to use an adword api to get some keyword statistics. But what I see is that with a same parameters my monthly search volue is about 7 mln searches. While adword keyword planner shows around 400-500. I can provide php code with parameters I am setting. Network settings:

$networkSetting = new NetworkSetting();
        $networkSetting
->setTargetGoogleSearch(true);
        $networkSetting
->setTargetSearchNetwork(false);
        $networkSetting
->setTargetContentNetwork(false);
        $networkSetting
->setTargetPartnerSearchNetwork(false);

Language is set to Russian following way:
 $languageParameter = new LanguageSearchParameter();
        $english
= new Language();
        $english
->setId(1031);
        $languageParameter
->setLanguages([$english]);
        $searchParameters
[] = $languageParameter;

Location is set to Ukraine:

$loc = array();
        $location
= new location();
        $location
->setId(2804); // Ukraine
        $loc
[]=$location;
        $locationTargetParameter
= new LocationSearchParameter();
        $locationTargetParameter
->setLocations($loc);
        $searchParameters
[] = $locationTargetParameter;

What am I missing

Google Ads API Forum Advisor Prod

Jul 6, 2020, 12:32:46 PM7/6/20
to bogda...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bogdan,

I do not see issues with your request. You are configuring it properly to give you Russian language and Ukraine as a country. However, the TargetingIdeaService in AdWords API uses a different back end server than the UI to generate keyword ideas. Google Ads API results should be closer to what you see in the UI.

Regards,
Anthony
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q21B8ya:ref