ListAccessibleCustomers How can we know if directly linked account is manager account

Shipra

Oct 19, 2021, 11:47:44 AM10/19/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi,
As per the doc, so far I understand that : ListAccessibleCustomers returns us the list of accounts I directly have access to. It may be a direct customer account or a manager Customer account. Is there a way I can know what all accounts from the list are manager account? Before I make a call to get Hierarchy under the manager account?
As per this sample here, we fetch a list of accounts directly accessible, and then for each account, we are trying to fetch accounts hierarchy. For a given email we can have a large count of directly accessible accounts making calls will increase the count. So similar to AdWords API where get customers returned a list of customers with details like if we can Manage clients using current customer do we have something similar in Google ads API?

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Oct 20, 2021, 3:09:26 AM10/20/21
to shi...@optmyzr.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

With the ListAccessibleCustomers method, this should return the ListAccessibleCustomersResponse (usually in the form of `customers/{customer_id}`). With that, you can create a separate request filtering those resource names and utilize the manager field of the customer view. From that, you should be able to determine if a customer is a manager or not.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Google Logo
Mark Kevin Albios