No PERFORMANCE_MAX campaign data in shopping_performance_view report

Oksana Sulyma

Sep 30, 2022, 11:27:44 AM9/30/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hi Google Ads API support team!
We have weird issue for one client of us.
This client has 12 campaigns running among which there are 2 campaigns of type PERFORMANCE_MAX. Client provided us Google Ads UI screenshot showing Products for PERFORMANCE_MAX campaigns.
However when we pull shopping_performance_view data with dates filter only we get data for 2 campaigns and PERFORMANCE_MAX campaigns data is not included.
Why could it be possible? Is Products in Google Ads UI not an equivalent of shopping_performance_view API view? Will be happy to provide request / response log privately.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Oct 3, 2022, 2:24:50 AM10/3/22
to oksana....@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Oksana,

Thank you for reaching us out. I am Sherwin from Google Ads API support team. I hope that you are doing well today.

We really do understand your concern. For us to further investigate this, provide the complete request and response logs with request ID and request header generated on your client's end? If you haven't enabled the logging yet, logging can be enabled by navigating to the Client libraries > Your client library (ex. Java) > Logging documentation, which you can access from this link. Add to that, please provide us also a non-cropped screenshot of the UI.

You can provide it via Reply privately to the author option. If this option is not available, then send it instead on this email address googleadsa...@google.com.

Kind regards,
Google Logo
Sherwin Vincent
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2evOzp:ref

Oksana Sulyma

Oct 4, 2022, 3:17:56 AM10/4/22
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Let me copy paste the part of private response I got from API support team (without confidential info) here - in case this could be helpful for more people:

Hi Oksana,

Thanks for getting back to us with the requested information.

Yes, it is correct that the Products tab in Google Ads UI is not an equivalent of shopping_performance_view report while using Google Ads API. The reason for PERFORMANCE_MAX campaigns data is not pulled is due to use of Ad Group fields in your GAQL such as ad_group. That being said, you may check this guide in order to retrieve attributes and performance metrics for Performance Max campaigns. However, please do not select an AdGroup when querying Performance Max campaigns, as no campaigns will be returned. Do not segment by AssetGroup as this is not permitted.

Thanks again for the help with my question!
Oksana