Google Ads tag & uploading Enhanced Conversions via API as Conversion Adjustment

Anni Salo

Jun 17, 2024, 7:27:45 PMJun 17
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hi,

We've been banging our head to the wall for a while. We are looking to upload Enhanced Conversions via the Google Ads API, in connection with Google Ads tag. However, we keep on getting an error that our enhanced conversions API code is sending data too late.

We have confirmed that the data is sent well before 24 hrs have passed.

We have also read that the error might appear if the timestamps are not correct. We have confirmed and working timestamps with UploadClickConversions, so the timestamp format etc. is fine (supposing Conversion Adjustments and UploadClickConversions want to have timestamps in same format).

We are sending both, adjustment timestamp and also conversion timestamp, which is inside the conversion_timestamp_gclid_pair object as per instructions. With this method we seek to upload conversions without GCLID, so we implemented conversion timestamp & GCLID pair with GCLID field being empty so that we'd anyways have the conversion timestamp to be sent. But that didn't solve the issue, and now we've been stuck for a while.

image (18).png

Any ideas how to solve this?

Thanks a lot for assistance!

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Jun 18, 2024, 5:08:02 AMJun 18
to an...@leadspark.io, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to the Google Ads API support team.

Upon checking the screenshot you provided, I could see that you are getting the error message "your enhanced conversions API code is sending data too late". This alert shows if you’re sending Ads API data more than 24 hours after the conversion time. Edit your enhanced conversions Ads API code to send data within 24 hours after the conversion event happens.

This alert may also show if conversion occurrence time isn’t included in your Ads API pings. Check the Google Ads API instructions to learn how to include conversion time in your Ads API request.

I would suggest you to refer to the Monitor offline data diagnostics documentation as it helps to find the overall health of the conversion upload processes. To retrieve the latest offline data diagnostics for your account, you can use the following query:
SELECT customer.id, offline_conversion_upload_client_summary.alerts, offline_conversion_upload_client_summary.client,
offline_conversion_upload_client_summary.daily_summaries, offline_conversion_upload_client_summary.job_summaries,
offline_conversion_upload_client_summary.last_upload_date_time, offline_conversion_upload_client_summary.resource_name,
offline_conversion_upload_client_summary.status, offline_conversion_upload_client_summary.success_rate,
 offline_conversion_upload_client_summary.successful_event_count, offline_conversion_upload_client_summary.total_event_count
FROM offline_conversion_upload_client_summary
Additionally, you can utilize the Google Ads Query Builder and Query Validator to build and validate the queries for retrieving the data from the Google Ads API.

If the issue persists even after trying with the provided suggestion, kindly provide us with the complete API logs (request and response logs with request-id and request header) generated at your end to better assist you further.

If you are using a client library and haven't enabled the logging yet, I would request you to enable logging for the specific client library that you are using. You can refer to the guides Java.NetPHPPythonRuby or Perl to enable logging at your end. For REST interface requests, you can enable logging via the curl command by using the -i flag.

This message is in relation to case "ref:!00D1U01174p.!5004Q02tJNSU:ref" (ADR-00241967)

Thanks,

Google Logo Google Ads API Team

Register for the upcoming workshop: Performance Max and the Google Ads API!

Anni Salo

Jul 3, 2024, 8:08:29 PM (3 days ago) Jul 3
to Google Ads API and AdWords API Forum
Hi,

Any update on this?
I have tried to respond to this chain now twice, but my responses are not visible here, I am not sure if you have received them?

I have requested for you to provide an example of Enhanced Conversion (Conversion Adjustment) to Google Ads API where the Conversion Adjustment/Enhanced Conversion does not include GCLID but does include conversion timestamp, since this scenario is not covered in documentations.

Br,
Anni

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Jul 4, 2024, 4:29:39 AM (2 days ago) Jul 4
to an...@leadspark.io, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anni,

Kindly note that you can identify the conversion using a gclid_date_time_pair, this approach is less durable than using order_id and thus is not recommended. You can use order_id, also known as transaction ID, to identify the conversion to adjust with the ConversionAdjustmentUploadService. You can use this code example for sending enhanced conversions as conversion adjustment including adjustment_date_time. Also, when conversion that was reported without an order ID specified you can use GclidDateTimePair.

I hope this helps! Feel free to get back to us in case of any further queries.