RE: Asset-Based extensions device preference?

已查看 72 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

未读,
2021年7月7日 14:57:572021/7/7
收件人 erkin...@gmail.com、adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Erkin,

The documentation for device setting is in CampaignExtensionSetting, same as in AdGroupExtensionSetting

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh Baker
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2JYCGd:ref

Kevin

未读,
2021年9月17日 17:13:022021/9/17
收件人 AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Aryeh,

It looks like part of this conversation was private but I think I have the same issue as Erkin did.

Let me elaborate a bit about what I'm seeing.

1. Google is planning on moving all Ad Extensions to become Asset-based in early 2022:

2. The two services you've suggested for accessing Device settings are Feed-based:

3. The Asset service does not appear to provide Device data:
SitelinkAsset  |  Google Ads API  |  Google Developers
While as you've noted the Feed-based services do.

Is there a different way to obtain this data using Asset resources?

Thanks,
Kevin

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

未读,
2021年9月20日 22:06:392021/9/20
收件人 lopsid...@gmail.com、adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your question.

Device preferences is currently not available for asset based extensions. That said, allow me to create a feature request, subject for review, regarding this setting. For now, you may keep an eye on our blog for updates and announcements.

Best regards,

Google Logo
Peter Laurence Napa Oliquino
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2JYCGd:ref

Kevin

未读,
2021年9月21日 15:03:232021/9/21
收件人 AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Peter,

I've actually found some relevant documentation and would like to share it in case anyone else has the same question:

"For targeting, the ad group, campaign, keyword, location, and mobile fields will be unavailable to Asset-based extensions. Existing ad group, campaign, and mobile targeting will be honored during the automatic migration."

Focusing on the second sentence from the excerpt, since mobile targeting will be honored during the migration I think it would make a lot of sense to make the field available for a while.
I'll keep a look out for updates and announcements as you've recommended.

Thanks,
Kevin

duca...@gmail.com

未读,
2021年10月12日 13:54:262021/10/12
收件人 AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi team,

Since this device preference is not available in new Asset based extension and I saw Perter added a feature request in previous reply. Can you please let us know the latest status of that ask?

Google is planning to do auto migration from 10/20/2021, this seems an blocking issue if we can't get the same data fields from Asset based adextension.

Could you please share more guidance here before the auto migration happens?

Thanks
Caihua.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

未读,
2021年10月13日 14:45:462021/10/13
收件人 duca...@gmail.com、adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

The Opt out form is still available until the end of today, October 13. You may monitor our blog for further updates.

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh Baker
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2JYCGd:ref

duca...@gmail.com

未读,
2021年10月13日 16:14:482021/10/13
收件人 AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Aryeh and team,

I would like to share my feedback here.

For this asset-based AdExtension migration, Google is taking a really aggressive way. I know maybe there are urgencies from Google side to force this migration, but we need at least make sure API is fully supported. To me the base line is that whatever data from Feed based AdExtension, we should be able to fetch them from asset-based AdExtension from Google Ads API. This is probably the most basic requirement to Google Ads API.

This thread only surfaces one of the API issues, there are a few other related thread in this forum. You can take a look at this feedback as well

I highly suggest Google to think twice before force upgrade, as per my understanding once data is migrated to asset-based AdExtension there is no way to migrate back and hence customers (and tool providers) will lose the ability to manager their specific data from Google Ads API.

Thanks and appreciate for listening to the feedbacks.

Caihua.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

未读,
2021年10月14日 14:42:172021/10/14
收件人 duca...@gmail.com、adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Caihua,

Let me raise your response with my team. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

未读,
2021年10月15日 13:09:262021/10/15
收件人 adwor...@googlegroups.com、duca...@gmail.com
Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback on this migration. I understand that you are not happy that we do not support device targeting in the new asset based extensions model. Indeed this is the case, and it is by design. At Google we invest in world-leading AI and machine learning to optimize your advertising campaigns continually to provide the best possible experience to the user. If you continue to upload your extensions as before our algorithms will optimize for the best extension to show each user, taking into account many factors, potentially including the device they're viewing the advert from. We also test new algorithms such as this extensively, so rest assured that we're not rolling this out without first having conducted extensive analysis of expected performance.

I hope that this helps explain why we're making this change. Please do keep an eye on your campaigns as this rolls out and let us know if you notice any significant performance degradation. We're always looking for ways to improve our products.

Thanks for your feedback, and with very best wishes,
Nick

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2JYCGd:ref
回复全部
回复作者